cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Conference Station 7937

shaikhugee
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know how many maximum numbers of conferences I can make using the above phone? I have call manager express (UC560 Phone system). I am trying to add 3 outside numbers to do the conference but it is not allowing me. I can only add two outside numbers for the conference (including me 3). Want to know are there any settings to increase the number of conferences or this is the maximum.

Below are the settings for the phone:

ephone 28

device-security-mode none

mac-address 0004.F2EB.8EA5

type 7937

button 1:115

11 Replies 11

Hi Muhammad,

You should change the ephone-dn to octoline and you will have the option to call more phones.

If you do it via cli you should delete and recreate the ephone-dn. In CCA create octoline for this number. Also it is good to enable the hardware conference in CCA  Configure  > Telephony  > Voice Features > Conference.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Dear Alexander,

I already did that and now I am able to dial more then 3 numbers at a time. Small problem that I am facing is, somehow I cannot join them. Whenever I push the Confrn softkey on the phone, it asks me to add a new participant’s phone number. I don’t know what is missing I should have a button to join them to have a conference call.

Could you please let me know if I am missing anything?

Hi Muhammad,

Please check the following links and tell if you still face the problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/ip_phones/7937/4.3/english/reference/guide/rc7937.pdf

and here page page 20 "Understanding Types of Conference Calls":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7937g/6_0/english/user/guide/37enu60.pdf

Please tell if this worked for you.

HTH,

Alex

Dear Alexander,

Yes, it should be straight forward. I am doing the same as in the user manuals above. But when I push the Conference soft key on the phone it puts the first number on hold and dials a new number. It does not put both the calls on conference. What I understand there should be Join button to make both the attendees to speak to each other.

I don’t know what is missing. I also enabled the hardware conferencing as recommended by you in CCA.

Tks.

Hi Muhammad,

You should press "confrn" then dial the number and when the call is connected press "confrn" again to connect it to the other line which is on hold.

HTH,

Alex

Dear Alex,

I tried this. It is not working with me. When I press the confrn button while others are on hold it asks me to dial another number. At that time only two softkeys appear on the screen Resume and End Call.

Somehow I cannot make the conference among all.

Hi Muhammad,

Did you resolve the issue?

Best regards,

Alex

Dear Alex,

No still the same. I cannot make the conference as "Confrn" button asks me to dial a new number. There is no other button to do the conference.

Hi Muhammad,

Please try to do this:

1. call a number

2. when the call is active press "Confrn"

3. dial the next number and when the call is connected (when you hear the voice of the called person) press "Confrn" again. This should make the conference call. you should not use any other buttons.

Please check the firmware of the 7937 station also.

HTH,

Alex

Dear Alex,

I understand, same way I am doing. I am asking about adding 3 or more people together joining them for the Conference. Because its not working with steps you told me.

Tks.

Hi Muhammad,

Can you please tell me what ephone-templates are currently programmed into the system, which ones are being used and in particular which one is being used for the 7937 phone?

Also what firmware are you using for the 7937?

Can you please also advise if you have conferencing enabled? Please if you can show us the telephony-services section and all conferencing related configuration to ensure that you are capable of doing conference calling.

You can also do a "sh dsp farm all" command and show us what it spits outs, this will be a key indicator.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: