Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash files are not smooth

cciezubair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running DMP 4400G (5.2.3) with DMM server 5.2.3.

Every thing working fine except the flash files. All the flash files are not smooth. They are playing like fram by fram. I am using flash 10.

4 Replies 4

mjuarez2
Level 1
Level 1

We've run every type of flash on the 4400. We've tried flash 7, flash 10, flash lite, action script 2 and action script 3. For the most part, flash will *not run smoothly* if:

1. You have very large files, like imported bit map images.

2. Large sweeping motions or tween animation effects.

3. Multiple flash objects on a single page.

4. Video embedded in flash will never play evern remotely reasonably well.

The best thing to do is:

1. Keep flash objects small.

2. Animations should have as few frames as possible, no tween effects, no big sweeping motions, in other words, make transitions small and very quick.

3. Keep flash objects self contained, that is, don't try to pull in too much content from external sources.

Like I said, we've tried so many things, but when it comes to flash, the 4400 is rather restrictive.

Good luck!

-Michael

Michael,

Can you help me in presentation and playlist design ?

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Send me a private message so I get your specific requirements and I'll take a look.

Thx.

jcurl29208
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muhammad,

We have not had much success with this either. I was really excited about Flypaper Express and some other products, but apparently the 4400 can not handle much when it comes to flash. We have been successful with iSpring and Powerpoint when it comes to simle slide presentations.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: