Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Protocol Signalling to remote endpoint

Erik Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I would like to ask why my default protocol (H.323) on both site are being converted to SIP when calling to another VCS end-point via a H.323 call number format ?

Note : I configured both protocol (H.323 and SIP profile).

Transmit                               Recieve

Singapore    Protocol      to      Hong Kong   Protocol

EX90           H.323                    EX90           SIP

Any idea how to fix this ?

Cheers,

ERik

8 Replies 8

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Erik,

Can you provide us more details. How the endpoint are registered to. Does both the endpoint registered to VCS control ??

Can you provide more details for your deployment?

Thanks

Alok

HI,

I used single VCS Control Deployment

1. Singapore is my HQ site for my Tandberg Ex90 and C40

2. Hong Kong is my Branch site with EX90 and C40

All end-points are registered in VCS control

All used a Dual protocol registration (H.323 and SIP)

My understanding is that when you call from Singapore EX90 using the H.323 call format E.164 number in Hong Kong EX90 I should receive a signalling protocol of H.323 too, correct? but in this case my Hong Kong endpoint is converting the H.232 to SIP.

Thanks

Erik

Hi Erik,

Please check following configuraion in end point ,

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Protocol: H323

This shold be H323 in Ep from which you initiate call,

Can you please provide detail of  H323 id ,  e164 and sip uri configured on both units .Also have you configured any transform or search rule to add domin name which used for SIP dialing , Please deactivate it and try to make call.

HTH

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmesh,

I configured a default call protocol to H.323 on my end-points. I got a transform and search rule to add domain for SIP dialing.

So I need to deactivate these policies ? But what if I call from my EX90 to SIP endpoint only like a E20 or CIUS, it may affect my call right ?

Cheers,

Erik

Hi Erik,

One thing we need to know is how the endpoint registered to? What is the H.323 ID you configured on the remote endpoint?

if you are adding a sip domain to a E.164 number using a transform then you should have a h.323 id in that format.

VCS will try LRQ for h.323 using H.323 id and if it is not able to find one then initiate a SIP call and i guess you have registered the endpoint with E.164@ for SIP URI??.

So try to register the remote endpoint with h.323 id same as your SIP URI and then try the call again.

Also can you paste the search for the call by going into call history to know better what is happening actually

Thanks

Alok

Hi,

I'm sorry but I just tried your suggestion aS BELOW :

Singapore

closed H323

SIP

In Sydney office, have the same format

VCS control Call history is :

2012-04-30 12:23:58SG.EX90 H323 (XXXX) 
XXXX H323 <-> SIP2 minutes 2 secondsNormal, unspecifiedLocalView

It still converting H.323 to SIP in my destination

any more idea?

thanks

Erik

This looks wrong:

E164 :

XXXX@01189126534@domain.com

An e164 number shall only be a number. Besides that two at are not possible in an URI neither.

Most likely you have wrong search / transform / policy rules.

You did not give a feedback to Alok. The VCS can only find what you configure. For that its important

to check which aliases you have set up on the endpoint, that his shows up proper in the VCS registration

and that what you dial and the search rules fit to that. If its done right it will work great.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Erik,

Yes, this seems wrong. why you have a e.164 number as "XXXX@01189126534@domain.com". it has to be a number.

Currently looking the configuration you have the h.323 id is SG.EX90 H323 (XXXX) (don't know what xxx is). So you should dial this alias and then you have necessary search rules to route the calls.

however i would like you to change the configuration of endpoint and test again. Under H.323 ID on the endpoint you should configure the ID as 01189126534@domain.com  if you are using the aliases to dial. This way the call setup would be thorugh H.323 to the alias 01189126534@domain.com. Also put some number under the E.164 field of the endpoint.

After this, check whether the call connects and what is the protocol it use.

if it fails or still do an interwork (which it shouldn't be) then post the search details for the call from VCS.

Thanks

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: