cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV with Overlapping VLANs

bill.greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

How do you handle overlapping vlans when using OTV between Data Centers.  i.e. in Data Center 1 i have vlan 100 with ip address 10.10.100.0/24 and in Data Center 2 I have vlan 100 with ip address 10.20.100.0/24.  I don't want to combine these into one network but keep them seperate when extending them between Data Centers..  Can OTV re-assign the vlans?  or do i have to ensure the vlan tags are unique between the data centers?

Thanks.

Bill

2 Replies 2

bicakhanb
Level 1
Level 1

Then you need seperated OTV edge devices for each DC which has overlapped vlans. You can increase the number up to three at this moment by using VDC feature. OTV doesn't support qinq or similar mechanisms yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Evan with a separate VDC the only way I can think of to translate the vlans is too connect access ports for each vlan that needs to be translated. This is not a practical solution for a large number of vlans as it would use a large number of ports on the Nexus 7K. If a trunk is used the vlan tags are passed through. Is there another way?

Bill

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: