VPN configuration using SRP527W Routers

Unanswered Question
Apr 23rd, 2012
User Badges:

Is it possible to configure a pair (one local and one remote) of Cisco SRP527W routers so that the LAN subnets of each router are local to each other?

I am new to VPN configurations and although I have spent a lot of time researching information and trying different methods, I have been unable to achieve this so far.

I have two SRP527W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n ETSI, 2FXS/1FXO routers with the latest firmware 1.01.26 (003) Feb 17 2012. One has a fixed IP address and the other is dyndns. The remote LAN IP Address/Subnet Mask is 192.168.1.0/24 and the local LAN is 192.168.4.0/24

I would like to create a tunnel over the WAN to allow access to the remote LAN as if it is local. So far I have tried to set up a GRE tunnel by imputting the same information in the configuration page with the Destination IP and Remote IP being the opposite of each other. I have also tried to setup an IPSec policy (with IKE) using exactly the same information other than the Destination IP and Local/Remote IP. So far I have not had any success. I have tried as many variations of these settings as I can, without success.

Is this possible using this equipment? or does this need to be done a different way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content