Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Nexus 1010 and Nexus 1000v IP address

MENG YUAN HSIEH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We had run two VSM and one NAM in the Nexus 1010. The Nexus 1010 version is 4.2.1.SP1.4. And the Nexus 1000v version is 4.0.4.SV1.3c. Now we must to change management IP address to the other one. Where can I find the SOP or config sample? And have anything I must to remind?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sprasath
Level 1
Level 1

If it's only the mgmt0 IP address that you are changing, then you can just enter the new address under the mgmt0 interface. It will automatically sync with the VC.

I guess you are trying to change the IP address of the VC plus the management VLAN as well. One way of doing this is:

- From the Nexus 1000v, disconnect the connection to the VC (svs connection -> no connect)

- Change the VC IP address and connect to it (svs connection -> remote ip address)

- Change the Nexus 1000v mgmt0 address

- Change the mgmt VLAN on the N1010

- Change the mgmt address of the N1010

- Reconnect the Nexus 1000v back to the VC (svs connection -> connect)

Correspondingly, change the VLAN configuration on the upstream switch plus the connection to the VC as well.

Thanks,

Shankar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sprasath
Level 1
Level 1

If it's only the mgmt0 IP address that you are changing, then you can just enter the new address under the mgmt0 interface. It will automatically sync with the VC.

I guess you are trying to change the IP address of the VC plus the management VLAN as well. One way of doing this is:

- From the Nexus 1000v, disconnect the connection to the VC (svs connection -> no connect)

- Change the VC IP address and connect to it (svs connection -> remote ip address)

- Change the Nexus 1000v mgmt0 address

- Change the mgmt VLAN on the N1010

- Change the mgmt address of the N1010

- Reconnect the Nexus 1000v back to the VC (svs connection -> connect)

Correspondingly, change the VLAN configuration on the upstream switch plus the connection to the VC as well.

Thanks,

Shankar

Hi Shankar,

Thanks. I success to finish the job!

Thank you!

Nick

I need to change the IP address of the VSM, L3 and its corresponding VLAN.

Once I changed the IP address and VLAN on the switch, I am no longer able to ping the n1kv's gateway.

Is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: