Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 to a 4402 anchor

Tommy Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all-

We are deploying two 5508 WLC running 7.2 ios. Is it possible to anchor these to a 4402 running 7.0.116.0. Is there any version mismatch issues. We can find documents on the older compatibility but not on the new code.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This actually just came up on another thread. I dont think its documented yet, but another user commented that its working on his install. I havent tested it myself.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This actually just came up on another thread. I dont think its documented yet, but another user commented that its working on his install. I havent tested it myself.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Historically, the Anchoring in Inter-Release Controller Mobility (IRCM) is the most tolerant of mobility features regarding code versions.  I've not seen an updated IRCM chart for 7.2,  but Anchoring is the one supported pretty much between 4.2 up to 7.0.....   I would expect that 7.0 to 7.2 would also fully function and be supported, especially since there would be alot of rumbling out there during customer migrations if people were really facing interoperability problems....

Now 7.2 to 4.2 and vice versa... thats probably more of a grey area...

Mr Wesley, Nice to see you on the forums as yourself! +5

George thanks for your help.....I tried to give it five stars but can not figure out how to change it.....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tommy Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for your reply. I will let you know how it goes.

There are no issues with anchoring with the 7.2 to 7.0116 in our deploymen.

Thanks for the help

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tommy,

Have you tested it ? Is it working?

Tested it with two 5508. The anchor on 7.0.116 the foreign on 7.2. No problems

Tommy

I have some installs where I have 5508's running 7.2 and the customer used existing 4400's as an anchor, but running 7.0.230.0 with no issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: