Customer login access restricted to one site?

Unanswered Question
Apr 24th, 2012

Hi there,

I'm trying to test the customer login access and I found something troubling.  When giving access to more than one site I receive, "Username is in use by customer: John Fakename."  What happens if my clients have more than one location?  Is there a way around this?  Please let me know.  Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aqkazi Tue, 04/24/2012 - 14:45

Hi there,

Thank you for your post. We are looking into this now, and will provide an update once we have more information.

Thanks,

The Cisco OnPlus Team

aqkazi Tue, 04/24/2012 - 14:55

I was able to reproduce this here and we looked into it further. As of now, the clients are restricted to only one site, so this is as designed. This is in our back log to provide multi site support and will be updated in a future release.

Thanks again,

The Cisco OnPlus Team

lokibjensen Wed, 05/16/2012 - 09:58

Hi there,

Is there a way for me to be updated as to when this issue becomes resolved? Some sort of notification that will tell me that I can give further access to my clients? It's very important for us. Thanks!

aqkazi Wed, 05/16/2012 - 12:25

We have this slated for a future release, as I have more details I'll be sure to update this thread.

lokibjensen Mon, 08/20/2012 - 18:27

Hi there,

I'm just checking to see if there has been any headway on this?  I have been selling OnPlus agents with just about every job we have but if this and one other feature are not implemented soon then I will be forced to find another product to use instead.  I will do so with much reluctance but I have to be able to give my clients access to all of their sites and telling them they can only access one is just not good enough.  It seems to me that I would not be the only one in this position and it seems also that this should be a priority issue.  Thank you for all you've done so far, I love the product.

vreid47362 Thu, 08/23/2012 - 13:07

This also an essential feature need for our clients.  I have several clients with multiple sites (most have between 2 and 6 locations), and they need to have access to the OnPlus devices at all of their sites, not just one.

aqkazi Thu, 08/23/2012 - 13:44

We completely understand the need for this feature and it is slated for a future release. Unfortunately, I don't have any dates at this time, but I'll provide an update as soon I have more information.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Brandon Svec Tue, 08/28/2012 - 12:02

This may be a bit of longshot, but if your customer uses or is willing to use gmail (or google apps email) you could assign email addreses of jfake@gmail.com and jfake+site1@gmail.com and jfake+site2@gmail.com  all the emails would go to the same inbox and can be assigned ad hoc, but the onplus system should recognize them as unique email addresses.

I have used this method to get around similar restrictions.  Here is some more detailed info:

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html

lokibjensen Tue, 08/28/2012 - 12:05

That's ingenious!  Also much appreciated.  Unfortunately it is too unprofessional to give to my clients.  It would work for in-house management though except I can already assign "agents" in-house.

Thanks!

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Stats:
Replies:10 Avg. Rating:
Views:819 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard