Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the Cisco 2500 or 5500 have some sort of built in captive portal

holguie81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does the Cisco 2500 or 5500 have some sort of built in captive portal.

If not can anyone provide a few suggestions?

Thanks in advanced

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both have a portal for webauth if that what you are looking for. There is a default Cisco portal for passthrough, authentication or email address. You can also upload a custom HTML page if you wish.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am looking to have web portal for guest access that collects basic user information

Well the wlc will not collect any additional information beside a username and or password. For specific information that needs to be entered an logged, you will need to use an external webserver and have the wlc redirect to that.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

So the WLC can be set to redirect to specific web address or IP address. Does Cisco have a solution for captive portal? Or do you have any recommendations?

The WLC's has a built-in captive portal or you can your a custom HTML page you upload. The portal can either be a passthrough which the user just guys the accept, or a webauth in which they enter a username and password or an email entry.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Here is a link that might help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008067489f.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008076f974.shtml

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I am looking to have web portal for guest access that collects basic user information

What do you mean by "collects basic user information"???

we would like to collect guest first name, last name and email address

You will need to use an external web server to capture that information.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks. No suggestions for a third party captive portal?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

david.g.white
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You should take a look at Cisco NGS (Nac Guest Server)

This provides a portal where internal users can 'sponsor' guests on to the guest SSID, with certain logging options that can be tailored.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

In addition to NGS, I'm fairly sure this is one of those core components of the BYOD functionality with the ISE.  There is a guest self registration system in ISE to my knowledge (as well as a sponsored guest option...?).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: