cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Web Authentication Web Pages

bradbourne
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up wireless on a Cisco controller to redirect clients to a Websense server using wpad and IAS server.  I use an ACL in security settings to direct to the Websense server and this connects clients and authenticates OK.  I then log the client on OK and it then attempts to pull down a web page but times out, when I close the browser down and then re-open the browser the web page appears OK  Can anyone have an idea as to why the browser needs to be closed down and then re-opened?

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have noticed this with one of the clients long time ago.
I remember the problem was that he was using proxy script for his browser and the proxy script had no entry for his 1.1.1.1 address for his virtual interface so redirection was not working and he had to close the web page and open a new one and the new one will work fine.

Are you using Proxy for your browser? make sure that the proxy allow redirection to your vitual interface IP address.

hope this helps.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

If you use Proxy the internal web page wont be displayed unless an exception is added for the virtual interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: