cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS S643 update won't download

hoyleanderson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm able to manually download the S643 signature update, but the MARS (v6.1.4) won't download it automatically using the same credentials.  Anyone else having this trouble?

21 Replies 21

gregbeifuss
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to download this signature either:

Last Updated Time and Version:     Apr 19, 2012 3:14:08 PM EDT - 642

Status:     Download Failed: CS-MARS could not download IPS Signature file - IPS-CS-MARS-Sig-S643.zip at Apr 26, 2012 07:41:58 AM EDT

When I paste the URL (https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/ida/locator/locator.pl) into a browser, I get:

-

-

2012/4/26/7:38:28

Unable to parse inputXML

-
-
  2012/4/26/7:38:28
  Unable to parse inputXML

erruhhdave
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue:

Download Failed: CS-MARS could not download IPS Signature file -  IPS-CS-MARS-Sig-S643.zip

at Apr 26, 2012 10:29:56 AM MDT

Lame.

danigonz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue is with the web page. It has been reported.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

shaileshoak
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded mars S643signature and tried to update it through local server. But it is showing the following error

Download Failed: CS-MARS could not download IPS Signature file - IPS-CS-MARS-Sig-S643.zip

at Apr 27, 2012 10:29:56 AM

So is there issue with the signature itself ?

Sujith

Yepp, same issue here. Tried local server and the dynamic update through Cisco....As of April 27th, 3:20 Pacific Standard Time.       

This is still pooched (as of Apr 30)?  Sanity check...?

Well, I just tried again, and the dynamic update still doesn't seem to work! I might just have to send in a ticket with Cisco to see what the heck is going on... Anybody else had success? Maybe it's just me

Not just you - it's not working here today either.  I see "danigonz" posted earlier that the issue was reported (Apr 26)...? 

They people in charge of this page is working on it. As soon as i have more information I will let you guys know.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks! Seems like MARS has truly become Cisco's ugly stepchild they don't want to deal with!

Peter Zsiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any updates on this one?

Regards,

peter

Still down for me also....  This is getting a bit rediculous....

What I don't get is they released a broken signature and fixing it doesn't seem to be a priority.  Not releasing updates is one thing but releasing a broken update is entirely different.  Come on Cisco, pull your head out and fix this signature file...

hoyleanderson
Level 1
Level 1

FYI this is resolved as of now,  5/9/2012

Update Succeeded: CS-MARS updated IPS Signature version to 646

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: