cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel wireless chipset clients random Citrix disconnects

drewspot
Level 1
Level 1

Currently using intel 5100 & 6200 client cards on multiple driver versions. WiSM is 7.0.116. APs are 1250 and 1260 series. Citrix is setup to send server-side keepalives for session reliability. Randomly, several times a day the client will get disconnected from the Citrix application session but maintain connectivity to the AP and other applications continue to work. Traces show the server-side keepalive reach the controller but are delayed from controller to client by 5-6 seconds. Just enough time for the Citrix server to timeout and tear down to session. Additional testing shows the delay most likely occurs somewhere from controller to AP. It occurs on multiple controllers on multiple campuses.

We have Dell/Broadcom clients that don't experience the problem. The only commonality seems to be the Intel cards. Any ideas? CCX? I know Intel has a special relationship with Cisco regarding CCX and have developed features not available on other cards. Tried disabling power save and other CCX features but hasn't solved the issue. Any ideas are appreciated on this very strange problem.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

8 Replies 8

drewspot
Level 1
Level 1

Update to this issue. I've found the 5 second delay actually is occurring on the AP. Packets traverse normally through the entire network but randomly delayed at the AP. TAC is looking at it but no cause found yet. Also verified this seems to occur only with Intel wireless chipsets. Others (Broadcom etc.) don't experience the problem.

Drew,

I dont have an anwser to this, but you have my attention. I am not aware of any issues that we are having and we have a very similar set up, except we dont use 1250 or 1260.

For my 2 cents.. can you reporduce this issue? Also what security are you using? Also is the client roaming and is that when the connection breaks?

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

drewspot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George. Thanks for your interest! We've also seen this issue on 3502i APs. We are using WPA2-AES PSK. The client is not roaming and we aren't able to reproduce the problem on-demand. We've just had to setup traces/debugs, connect an Intel client and wait for it to happen randomly. Debugs on the AP for client, CCX and RRM have shown nothing during the event.

drewspot
Level 1
Level 1

Another update. Found stable platform using Intel client. Windows 7, intel 15.1 driver and Windows Zero Wireless Config. Using the Intel Proset Utility instead of Zero Config seems to break it. Still looking for a solution on XP. No ideas from TAC on why a client driver/utility is causing APs to delay packets. Seems the community is stumped too!

mimill007
Level 1
Level 1

has there been any further update on this issue? I am currently having the exact same issue. Any assistance would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Have you updated the wireless card to the latest firmware?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

mimill007
Level 1
Level 1

we have tried various version of firmware/drivers. none of these made any improvements, some made it much, much worse.

Do you know of a version that fixes this issue?

What was your final resolution, if any?  Don't keep us handing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: