Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access VPN in ASA

Ejaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have a ASA 5505 in our enviroment. We already configures two site 2 site VPN to our branch offices. Now we are planning to configure remote access VPN. So what should be consider when configuring the remote access VPN in ASA which already having site to site VPN?

Regards,

Ejaz

9 Replies 9

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ejaz,

When you create ip-addresses for remote access pool, please make sure, it does not overlap with your inside network or dmz as I have seen there are plenty of people making such a mistake.

what version of ASA you are using?

thanks

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for the responce. My ASA is 5505 software version 7.2 (4)

Regards,

Ejaz

I included for you, Cisco documentation for RA vpn on ASA, so please see the attached.

if you have L3 switch inside your network, where your ASA is connected, please make sure, that you have a static route in place to push your remote vpn-pool network segment to FW's inside interface.

thanks

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you again for the response. We have l2 switch inside ou network.

Could please send me the RA vpn configuration with radius server ?

Will this configuration affect the existing site to site VPN ?

Regards,

Ejaz

Please see attached for radius based authentication.

"Will this configuration affect the existing site to site VPN ?" 

No, but be consistance with crypto names your have alread created for existing L2L tunnels with new index number "crypto map mymap"

Thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

check your private message.

thanks

Hi Rizwan,

I have configured the Remote Access VPN in my ASA. When I try to connect it showing an error like this

"Secure remote connection terminated by peer.

Reason 433:(Reason Not specified by peer)'

Regards,

Ejaz

Please post your config.

thanks

please check your private message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: