cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 Silent Call Monitoring

thawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to silently monitor calls realtime in CUCM 6.1?  I'm playing with the built in call monitoring but I can't figure out how to initiate the monitoring session or how to send the session to the supervisor phone.  I've setup the barge feature using shared lines and it works fine but it shows on the agent phone display when the call had been barged and my client is wanting to keep it invisible to agents.

Is this possible or do I need some third party tools?

Also, there is currently no request for call recording but that may come up in the future.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Travis

CUCM has various APIs that could permit silent monitoring, but not a useable feature for it.

UCCX has the feature, and it's fairly independant of CUCM beyond using the phones. It sniffs the RTP off the LAN either at the Agent PC, or at the server.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Travis

With CUCM, not really.

With UCCX, which your post implies you are using (or is it UCCE?) yes, you can silent monitor and record.

Both work the same way at the network level so if one works the other should.

Basically you have two options - SPAN the phones to the UCCX server port, or use CAD (CAD SPANs the traffic and relays it to the server).

CAD is usually the best option but can be tricky. You must:

- Have a NIC on the PC that supports 802.1q tags (not normally a problem)

- Enable span-to-PC-port and pc-port-vlan-access product specific, and disable 'advertise g722'  (if it exists) config settings on the phones

- Be running CAD (not CAD-BE or IPPA)

Within the Supervisor app you can then click on an agent and hit the silent monitor button.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the response.  Yes we do have UCCX (v5) and CUCM 6.1.5.

So you're talking about monitoring the agents which is what we want do but in this case it has to be done through UCCX and not using the Silent Call Monitoring feature in CUCM or do they work together somehow?  Sorry for all the questions, I just need to make sure I understand this completely.

Thanks again.

Hi Travis

CUCM has various APIs that could permit silent monitoring, but not a useable feature for it.

UCCX has the feature, and it's fairly independant of CUCM beyond using the phones. It sniffs the RTP off the LAN either at the Agent PC, or at the server.

Aaron

Thanks a lot Aaron, you've been a huge help.  I'll check out the UCCX functionality and go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: