cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 bridges

Chieu Dinh
Level 1
Level 1

Can I associate the non-root bridge model 1310 to the root bridge model 1400? Is there any problems on the configuration I need to be aware of? I am really appreciated that.

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As I recall and you should confirm this in the specs.

1400 is 5 GHZ only

1300 is 2.4 GHZ only

So, no ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I checked the product data sheet for the 1400, here is what they said:

The concept of mobile networks is significant not only for service providers looking to offer seamless network access, but also for individual organizations such as municipal public safety units. In many instances, the technology exists to create the zones that provide the mobile network, but the challenge lies in bringing the network to these zones. The Cisco Aironet 1400 Series Wireless Bridge provides a cost-effective solution to this application. The wireless bridge can connect to the network that contains the 2.4 GHz access points or bridges that are providing wireless zone coverage, and also provide the backhaul link to the high-speed network (Figure 2). Whether these zones are 802.11 hot spots at cafes and restaurants or bridged 802.11b cells for mobile networks, the Cisco Aironet 1400 Series Wireless Bridge provides a non-interfering and higher speed distribution service.

Here is the data sheet for the 1400 and they are only 5 GHz. I think that document is wrong

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5279/ps5285/product_data_sheet09186a008018495c.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

The extract this paragraph from the same sources below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5279/ps5285/product_data_sheet09186a008018495c.html

in the "Mobile Networks and Wireless Bridges" section.

Can it still works with the 2.4 GHz?

As George had said, the 1400 is a 5Ghz AP only.  From the link you posted, look at Table 2.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I am really appreciated your helps Stephen and George. This information is help alot.

yea, it saves you problems on the back end.

Keep in mind, Cisco axed both of these...

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card