Helpful
Replies

VCS-C allow direct IP address with VCS-E also

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a VCS-C with a VCS-E in an environment x7.0

A majority of endpoints are registered to the VCS-C but there are some endpoints that cannot for specific reasons.

The endpoints that are not registered to the VCS-C can call registered endpoints by IP address but the registered endpoint cannot dial the non-registered endpoints. I understand this is by design with the indirect dialing and the VCS-E but is there a way around this enabling direct IP on the VCS-C and using a search rule that anything that does not match a 10. will hit the VCS-E?

I am in the process of getting a lab to test it but would be great to see some feedback on this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

you can work around this by creating a subzone on the VCS-C with one or more associated subzone membership rule(s) of type 'Subnet', where you define the IP addresses/ranges of these non-registered endpoints.

This will have the effect that when a registered endpoint dials an IP address which falls within one of the subnet-type membership rules of this subzone, the VCS-C will consider the IP address known and proceed with attempting to place the call towards this specific IP address.

It will of course be easiest for you if these non-registered endpoints were easy to define with subnet membership rules, for instance if they all are in the same subnet, rather than being spread around different, non-overlapping subnets.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

you can work around this by creating a subzone on the VCS-C with one or more associated subzone membership rule(s) of type 'Subnet', where you define the IP addresses/ranges of these non-registered endpoints.

This will have the effect that when a registered endpoint dials an IP address which falls within one of the subnet-type membership rules of this subzone, the VCS-C will consider the IP address known and proceed with attempting to place the call towards this specific IP address.

It will of course be easiest for you if these non-registered endpoints were easy to define with subnet membership rules, for instance if they all are in the same subnet, rather than being spread around different, non-overlapping subnets.

- Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

I will give that a try and it is far less risky than changing the call modes around.

Heath