Helpful
Replies

VCS-C allow direct IP address with VCS-E also

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a VCS-C with a VCS-E in an environment x7.0

A majority of endpoints are registered to the VCS-C but there are some endpoints that cannot for specific reasons.

The endpoints that are not registered to the VCS-C can call registered endpoints by IP address but the registered endpoint cannot dial the non-registered endpoints. I understand this is by design with the indirect dialing and the VCS-E but is there a way around this enabling direct IP on the VCS-C and using a search rule that anything that does not match a 10. will hit the VCS-E?

I am in the process of getting a lab to test it but would be great to see some feedback on this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

you can work around this by creating a subzone on the VCS-C with one or more associated subzone membership rule(s) of type 'Subnet', where you define the IP addresses/ranges of these non-registered endpoints.

This will have the effect that when a registered endpoint dials an IP address which falls within one of the subnet-type membership rules of this subzone, the VCS-C will consider the IP address known and proceed with attempting to place the call towards this specific IP address.

It will of course be easiest for you if these non-registered endpoints were easy to define with subnet membership rules, for instance if they all are in the same subnet, rather than being spread around different, non-overlapping subnets.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

you can work around this by creating a subzone on the VCS-C with one or more associated subzone membership rule(s) of type 'Subnet', where you define the IP addresses/ranges of these non-registered endpoints.

This will have the effect that when a registered endpoint dials an IP address which falls within one of the subnet-type membership rules of this subzone, the VCS-C will consider the IP address known and proceed with attempting to place the call towards this specific IP address.

It will of course be easiest for you if these non-registered endpoints were easy to define with subnet membership rules, for instance if they all are in the same subnet, rather than being spread around different, non-overlapping subnets.

- Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

I will give that a try and it is far less risky than changing the call modes around.

Heath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: