Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Detail Record - Log Missed Call on CUCM 8.5

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The option of Log Missed Call does not appears in the CDR Analysis and Reporting for modifying Ciso IP Phones Services in CUCM 8.5. How can this option be added to the CDR? Attached the configuration window. Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That service parameter switches on the logging of missed calls. There's nothing else to do. Once it's switched on, you should see the zero duration calls appearing in the CDRs.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Ah, it's a Service Parameter.

System -> Service Parameters -> Call Manager -> CDR Log Calls with Zero Duration Flag

GTG

Thanks for the reply Gordon. The Flag should be Truew or False?

I enabled the flag to true but still cant add the service reports for the Cisco IP Phones.

Set to TRUE to have these zero-length calls logged.

GTG

I set it to True, but in the CDR Analysis and Reporting for modifying Ciso IP Phones Services in the CUCM the option for including Log missed calls does not appear yet. Thanks again.

That service parameter switches on the logging of missed calls. There's nothing else to do. Once it's switched on, you should see the zero duration calls appearing in the CDRs.

GTG

Understood. So the documentation is kind of misleading in the Cisco Unified CDR Analysis and Reporting Administration Guide, Release 8.5 because it says that the services that will appear in the report are the ones selected. Thanks again!

Cisco documentation misleading ? Go wash you mouth out with soap

GTG

Thanks Gordon for your help.

I tried to generate the report, but it says that you have to pick at least one phone service. So I picked the only service available that is Intercom, so the report generated was the Intercom, there is no missed call report available. Im still trying to figure out how can you generate a report for missed calls under Users Reports --> Cisco IP Phone Servuices under the Cisco Unified Communications Manager CDR Analysis and Reporting Web GUI.

Missed Calls aren't a service: They're just a type of call. Think of it like this: You don't look for a Placed Call service, do you ?

Also bear this in mind: What a phone thinks is a missed call, might not show as a zero length call in the CDRs. The phone may say *it* didn't answer those calls, but CUCM could have delivered that call elsewhere which did answer.

e.g. My phone is showing I had a missed call from Yesterday, yet the CDRs don't show a zero length call. Instead, they show a diverted call to voicemail.

(OK - Yes, the CDRs *do* show the zero duration call leg, but most tools will just show the summary for the call, and not the individual call legs)

GTG

Thanks Gordon, now I understand the teminology more clearly. Great explanation, thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: