Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Appliance Upgrade

Hi all,

I have a TMS appliance. Its version is 13.0. And I want to upgrade it to the version 13.1.2. First of all, I want to learn if it is possible or not. If it possible, how can I do that? I tried to upgrade by running TMS 13.1.2 exe, and I had an error saying "It is harmful operation" and it didn't allow me to install it. What do you think is the problem?

Regards,

Tufan 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tufan

Look at the HTTP exception by clicking it. Does it say that it cannot find any phonebooks? Try creating some users and enable access to the phonebooks in phonebook management under access control. Do you still see the error after a full synchronization?

/Magnus

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi yes this is definately possible and should not be harmful. Do you have antivirus installed or is it added to a domain?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could we get a screenshot of the error?

Hi,

I upgraded the TMS now. But now I have a problem about provisioning. I was completing all configuration step by step according to the "Provisioning Deployment Guide". But I stuck while enabling TMS agent for the VCS on TMS. When I try to enable TMS agent, I get the error message on activity logs "Unable to enable replication for vcs. A DNS lookup of the TMS hostname on this VCS doesn't match the TMS ip address". Actually I installed the DNS role on the TMS appliance because I don't have another server. But I see it solves DNS addresses. What should I check on TMS or VCS. You can see activity status below.

Best regards,

Tufan

Heh, I had exactly the same error when upgrading from 13.1.2 to 13.2 (not an appliance), but only with one VCS-C, despite all addresses being correct - changed address of the primary DNS server on the offending VCS-C to one of our other 4 servers and all was good again.Never seen that behaviour before.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The problem has been solved changing TMS Agent settings on the TMS. I changed TMS address.

Thanks

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tufan

Please have a look in this document, it might help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/23654-102-1-58501/Cisco_TMS_Agent_Troubleshooting_Procedures.pdf

If you still have the issue and you cannot enable replication i advise you to open a TAC case.

I also recommend that you upgrade to 13.2 and utilize the new provisioning model. However the TMS appliance only supports a small provisioning deployment due to its lack of resources.

Please see this thread for more info and documentation + downloads.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2145898?tstart=0

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Great that it was solved!

/Magnus

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Btw, just a short remark in general regards the appliance.

Like seen here and described by Magnus it is not an issue to upgrade the TMS appliance.

One thing what can become a bit of an issue is the 15GB partition.

It might be quite useful to clean up upfront an upgrade.

Also the RAM and the CPU is not so performant, so at least be aware of that :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for all your interests.

I get over a problem and face another problem. At last I faced registering problem on Cisco Jabber, and I saw that the TMS couldn't replicate with the VCS. Somehow the VCS control has dual network interface option (btw I thought this option was valid for VCS expressway only not valid for VCS control). And the TMS was trying to connect the ip address of the second ethernet port of the VCS. So I deleted the option. And I tried re-enabling TMS agent for the VCS. But now it hasn't worked.

Actually they are demo systems and my colleauges used them in different customers. It is difficult to find the causes of the problems. So I want to restore the TMS and the VCS. Can you explain the procedure of restoring the TMS?

Best regards, 

Correct, you should not have Dual NIC option on the VCS-C it can create problems with replication. This is supported now sorry for the confusion.

So these are tests systems which many people are using and re-configuring? Do you want to reset everything to scratch or do you just want to re-install the TMS and/or the VCS software?

Even though you cannot enable replication on the VCS. Did you reboot the VCS after you removed the Dual NIC option? What is the error you are experiencing when you try to enable replication?

You could try to rebuild the TMSAgent database. Please look in this document: https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/23654-102-1-58501/Cisco_TMS_Agent_Troubleshooting_Procedures.pdf as it contains a lot of common issues and how to resolve them.

/Magnus

Hi,

I tried to reboot the VCS. It is the same. How can I restore the TMS to factory default?

Regards,

Tufan

In general you can remove the TMS application, remove opends if its there, purge the SQL databse and install the TMS application again.

Maybe just purging the VCS from the TMS might also be a good start.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello again,

I uninstalled the old TMS app and installed the latest release (13.2). Now I am trying to complete provisioning between TMS and VCS. For that I installed new Provisioning app in the same server with TMS. But while trying to provision I had an error about phone books. And I can not change Provisioning Mode from legacy one to the new method. You can see the error below.

Best regards,

Tufan

Hi Tufan

Look at the HTTP exception by clicking it. Does it say that it cannot find any phonebooks? Try creating some users and enable access to the phonebooks in phonebook management under access control. Do you still see the error after a full synchronization?

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: