Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to hear Personal Greeting in Unity Connection

abraham1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a multisite architecture with centralised call processing and Unity Connection 8.x is also shared by all the sites.

Only in 1 particular site, we are unable to hear the personal greeting recorded by the users, it play the system default message. Can anyone please assist me on how to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance

Abraham

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abraham,

When you say "the system default message" do you mean the

"Hello - Cisco Unity Connection........"

Or

"Sorry xxxx is not available........"

Cheers!

Rob

Dan Bruhn @ CSC Rocks! :)

hI Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

It is

"Sorry xxxx is not available........"

I have changed the greetings to go to Personal recording still it is playing the System one and for all users at this site.

Regards,

Abraham

I am also having this issue in v10.5

I have changed it to play the personal greeting on the individual mailbox and it still will only play the default of "Sorry xxxx is not available........"

I am not sure on what else to try. I have removed the mailbox and re-created it several times. Same results

Did you ever find a solution?  We are having the same issue on 10.5(2).  We cannot get the holiday greeting to play after uploading a prompt.  We can get it to play if we put the same recording on the alternate greeting and enable that.  We can get the personal closed greeting to play, we can get the personal standard greeting to play.  The holiday schedule is the only one playing the standard "sorry "Reception" is not available.  If I put the dot in "blank" I just get the beep.  So everything works execpt the personal greeting on the holiday schedule.   

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abraham,

When you say that you changed the Greetings to use "My Personal Recording",

was this done at the Template level? If so, this will not be retroactive and will only

be applied to users created after the change was made. You may need to use

the Bulk Edit Tool to accomplish these changes for all the users at this site

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Hi Rob,

I have a couple of user extensions with their pin to test this. So I went into these user profiles in Unity and set the option inside the profile. I have not tried this on the template yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: