cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8941 external call issue

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to make call from 8941 ip phone to some external numbers..Iam able make calls to all external calls from 6921 which belongs to same css of 8941.Its not the css or firmware issue.Already upgraded to latest firmware and checked the configuraton also.I had one spare 8941 phone ,i tried with tat also,it also giving same issue.Did any one came cross this problem.Iam using callmanger8.6.2...please help.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

afrei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar problem with 8945 phones.

The phone tried to call out by default with bearer capapility video and therefore the calls to some destination where recected.

To solve this problem I did the following change on the voice gateway:

voice-port 0/0/1

bearer-cap speech

/Alfons

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marmugam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

WHats the symptom ? U get fast busy /reorder right away or u hear ringback and call disconnets? Can you use DNA and check quickly, to isolate any config issue ? Use DNA ---Find phones----and then find 8941 and enter the line and enter called party and check if it successful. And check if the call flow /call path for the other phones which are working and 8941 which is not working.

Whats the call flow ?

Murali

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

When i dial the number i cudnt hear any sound..for 30sec it will go like this disconnect after tat.call flow is phone-cucm-voice gateway-pri

Did you use DNA ?

Ok, If it is PRI T1 quickly enable debug isdn q931 and see if the call makes it to Telco or even the GW. Enabled respective debugs :-

Along with isdn q931/debug vpm sig(CAS)

h323 (debug h225 asn1 and debug h245 asn1)

SIp:- debug ccsip messages

MGCP:- debug mgcp packets

And send us. Lets see if the call makes it to GW.

THanks,

Murali

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

I did see dna...but rest all calls are going...i can dial mobile number and std line both are working fine.only problm with some local numbers,even some local calls are working.Its quite weird problm.i will send you the debug cong once i go to customer site.

afrei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar problem with 8945 phones.

The phone tried to call out by default with bearer capapility video and therefore the calls to some destination where recected.

To solve this problem I did the following change on the voice gateway:

voice-port 0/0/1

bearer-cap speech

/Alfons

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Worked out for me... Thanks

Hi,

Can you teach me how to do the following changes in the voice gateway?

Sadly we are also experiencing the same problem.

Thank you.

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi afrie,

thnks.i will try tat.can you tell me wat exactly is this issue and if i add this command, other phones (6921) quality wont affected by this ryt..??

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

thnks friend..it worked.

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks,

I have the same issue and with this command it worked.

Paulo Ferreira

adiamantino2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

This was very helpful in solved my problem too.

Thanks for sharing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: