I have a WLC CT-5508 and 25 AIR-LAP1040. The customer wants the access point gives two wifis, one private for voip, and one public for "public" access. And every wifi on a different vlan, if possible.
The questions are:
- How to assign the ip direction to AP, and the client?
- How, o where, to create the vlan? In switch, in wlc?
- Can it work in the management interface, or i must create one more?
- Sure I have a question more and now I dare not ask.
I have this problem too.
Correct Answer by nikhilcherian about 4 years 3 weeks ago
- I create two VLAN in switch (catalyst) where the AP and WLC are tagged, port by port, but Can one port in switch support two VLAN?
- You can configure the port as trunk, which will support multiple VLANs.
- I create two dynamic interface, with LAG enabled. Then no physical port is needed for configuration, and the message "not allowed two ap manager in the same port" not appear.
- You dont need multiple ap-managers for controlling 2 Access Points
- I create two DHCP Scope in the DHCP Server in the WLC, assigns 192.168.1.10-250 to VLAN1 and 192.168.5.10-250 to VLAN2 (differents addresses for each SSID), but What do IP address i write in the textbox in each interface? 192.168.1.1, 192.168.5.1 (VLANs addresses), or 10.168.10.100 (the IP address of Management port)
- If the DHCP pools are created in the WLC, you will have to configure the interface with the WLC management IP as the DHCP server.
- How can each VLAN acces to Internet?
- For the clients to access the internet, do the routing in the switch/router and the natting in the firewall.
- I don't create a AP group. All AP are in the default group.
- How can each VLAN acces to Internet? Creating routes in WLC? in switch?