cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct customer calling number to specific dn (1800 number)

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 1800 number and some customers insist on calling it rather than sales peoples individual in-dial nnumbers (BRI)

How can we direct the calling number to a specific dn (calling number not called number)                  

2 Replies 2

Hi Tim,

Please take a look at the following link you may find useful:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3574516

HTH,

Alex

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

In your instance I would highly recommend interfacing the 1800 number using an AA, there are multiple option that you can present to the caller to assist with sending them to the right person.

Options available (But not limited too)

• Dial-By-Name (This is ok but can annoy people, maybe a good way to force them to use the DID's )
  • Dial-By-Ext I.E "If you know the extension number of the person you are calling etc..etc.."
  • List the name of the person in the AA (No more then say 6-7 users) Cumbersome but works
  • Or interface it via a receptionist for call screening

That's about it, there are probably some groovy ways of doing this, but I tend to just try and keep it simple if possible. Also people like to call 1800 numbers because they are free which is why I hate them, because you get charged by the carrier for having that long number

Anyway's just a thought.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: