cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing between CUCM 8.6 and IVR Unity

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I've been racking my brains but cannot think of a solution based on my knowledge.

My goal is the following,

A call comes in

a) depending on if the business is open (time of day) the call is hunted first to a phone, if busy or no answer the call is answered by an IVR in the unity system.

b) if the business is closed, the closed greeting is played within unity.

The current setup is as follows

A call comes in to 6000 which is a DN that is call forward all to unity. A call handler with number 6000 is configured to accept the call. If inside business hours the call is then forwarded to a single DN (a phone). If outside business hours the caller is played a we are closed message.

A separate call handler is configured for IVR but on a different number / extension within unity.

The problem I have is the number presented to unity is the original called number and not the number I'm forwarding to.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Unity doesn't say that AFAIK. It's CUCM (specifically the Annunciator service) telling you that what you have dialled can't be reached for some reason.

Check that you can reach the forwarding number (i.e. it's partition is in your CSS) and that the forwarding DN has a CFA CSS that includes the number you are forwarding to etc etc.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

For a forwarded call, Unity will typically see the first forwarding extension and the called/calling numbers.

Where are you seeing the original called number? And what problem does it cause?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the advice. For example, when I tell CUCM to forward to the Unity IVR, I receive a message from Unity stating "the call cannot be completed as dialed".

Hi

Unity doesn't say that AFAIK. It's CUCM (specifically the Annunciator service) telling you that what you have dialled can't be reached for some reason.

Check that you can reach the forwarding number (i.e. it's partition is in your CSS) and that the forwarding DN has a CFA CSS that includes the number you are forwarding to etc etc.

Regards

Aaron

Silly me! I checked the partitions and CSS and found the two were unable to reach each other. I set up a test CSS with both partitions and assigned that to the call forward no answer CSS under the hunt pilot and this now achieves what I wish to do.

Thanks!

Hi Tony

No problem! I think learning to recognise the various Cisco Lady's favourite phrases is an important skill with these products :-)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

So now another problem!

I set this up as a test separate from the main number 6000 this way:

A hunt pilot (DID) to 6970. This contains 1 extension 6971. When this is busy or RNA, the hunt is diverted to 6922 which is IVR.

This worked spot on and flawlessly since I fixed the partitioning. I ran plenty of tests and was happy.

However, when I implemented and run tests it stopped working. So I rolled back to the configuration above and still not working.

When the call is forwarded to 6922 Unity IVR the Cisco woman says "Welcome to Cisco Unity, you may dial an extension at any time" when instead it should be a recorded message that is the IVR of 6922..

What could be happening here?

Hi,

What this mean is that unity does not reckognise the number forwarding the call. Most likely the forwadring extension here is 6970 which is your hunt pilot number. You will need to create a call routing rule in unity for forwearded calls coming from 6970 to be sent to greetings for IVR Call handler.

Please rate all useful posts

Of course!

I must have neglected to remember this when making the changes over. I can see what I did wrong now, I'd set up another IVR call handler on 6790 as a test. Instead of moving the one in use now I deleted the 6790 instead. /banghead

Cheers for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: