We use Cisco ISR2 routers in large parts of our network for business customers on fiber and DSL connections. We are investigating how to implement unified communications on these routers, but the variety of interfaces, modules and licenses is pretty hard to understand.
Our need is pretty straightforward :
- A router doing regular routing and QoS for the network
- Terminate a SIP trunk from the router
- Terminate several IP phones from Cisco or third-party SIP phones on the router
- Voicemail support
- No need for FXO/FXS support
- Fax to e-mail would come in handy
- <= 25 users
I think that i need the following :
- Cisco CISCO2901-V/K9
- Cisco ISM-SRE-300-K9 with Unity Express
Am i missing something (licenses for instance)? If someone can put me in the right direction it will make my day
Since you are Cisco partner, You can open case at cisco.com/go/ph and they will be able to help you with the part number. It is free service to partners.
Why you need CUBE :- Because you are connection SIP service provider for your PSTN calls and you will need CUBE functionality of Cisco routers to connect your VOIP network to Service provider network.
Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.