Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 877 wireless

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i would like to configure the wireless access on the cisco 877 router either on command line or gui - can anyone help me pls ?

also, does the wireless authentication and SSID  has to be local or can i put the cisco 877 on h-reap mode and connect back to my controllers in head office and use the same SSID as in my head office ? if this can be done can anyone please let me know how to do

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 877W, isn't capable of joining your WLC, so you would need to configure it as you would any standalone AP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml

You can use the same SSID as you are using on the WLC, including the same authentication mechanisms.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

thanks for this. so if i set it to wpa2 enterprise will i be able to use the ACS cntrollers in the head office or does it need to be local authentication ?

also you mentioned it cant connect back to central wlc but you mentioned about using same ssid, is this for consistency ?

Thanks

any thoughts please ?

Yes so long as there is connectivity back to HQ then you cause those AAA servers

For the SSID yes, it's for consistency. That way the user or IT) doesn't have to maintain two profiles for wireless on the laptops.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks very much stephen

couyld you please post the config for wpa 2 enterprise as i cant seem to find it

also i am planning to use the same vlan for wired and wireless users since its just a few users - so what will be the config in this case ?

Thanks

take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801bd035.shtml

Steve

HTH,
Steve

will this work for 877 router as it says 1200 access points ? if it does i will give it a try and come back to you next week

Thanks for your help

I am trying to authenticate with ACS server. in the above link iut says:

(i have highlighted the part which i dont understand as it says group rad_eap - does this mean all the users have to be in this group? where will this group reside in the AD, local router or ACS ?)

AP(config)#aaa group server radius rad_eap

AP(config-sg-radius)#server 10.0.0.3 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646

AP(config-sg-radius)#exit

AP(config)#aaa new-model

AP(config)#aaa authentication login eap_methods group rad_eap

AP(config)#radius-server host 10.0.0.3 auth-port 1645
acct-port 1646 key labap1200ip102

AP(config)#end

AP#write memory

AP(config)#interface dot11radio 0

AP(config-if)#ssid labap1200

AP(config-if-ssid)#authentication open eap eap_methods

AP(config-if-ssid)#authentication network-eap eap_methods

AP(config-if-ssid)#end

AP#write memory

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: