cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to forcibly replace Cisco logo with custom logo on IP79xx phones?

tandemdx-cco
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have the default "Cisco" logo that appears on the display of the Cisco 7911 IP phones, automatically replaced with custom grayscale image, without the end user having to manually do anything?

3 Replies 3

First or all, the 7911 does not support greyscale.  The format of the file is 95x34x1, which means you have 95 columns of pixels, 34 rows, and you can tell each pixel is it should be black or not.

As for forcing the issue, I don't think so.  Not without a third-party.I do remember hearing about a custom app changed the background, but it didn't prevent the user from changing it back and it was way off the reservation as far as Cisco TAC support went.

Chris

Hi

There are a few apps you can try that can do this sort of thing. Whether they support 7911, I'm not sure, as the display is pretty limited.

I wrote an app for this purpose, and have just added 7911 support. Due to the limitations of the screen you really need to use a very simple logo which you would import seperately (the other phone models have their images generated automatically based on a common source image). The version with 7911 support should be available soon, or you can get a preview of it from Support. It's at www.ipcommute.co.uk.

There are other applications as well - one at www.voipintegration.com, and www.unifiedfx.com can do it as well. I don't know if they have support for that model specifically.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Happy to report the latest version of PhoneView 3.0 has just been released, I recomend everyone already using PhoneView (including the free or lab version) downloads/upgrades to this latest version, the release notes can be found here:

http://www.unifiedfx.com/phoneview/releasenotes

In respect of the original question for updating phone backgrounds on the 7911, PhoneView supports the widest range of Cisco IP Phone models for remote control and/or updating phone background images. Updating the phone background on the 7906 & 7911 is fully supported, any image will be re-sized automatically, but you can also upload an image with the exact resolusion (i.e 95x34 as stated by Chris) then it will be pixel perfect when dispalyed on the phone.

Also,

Some amazing new and unique features have been included in the next release of PhoneView (Verison 3.1), if anyone is interested in beta testing please email beta@unifiedfx.com

Beta testing slots are limited, so email now before they fill-upl

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

CTO

UnifiedFX

http://www.unifiedfx.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: