cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Displaying Connection plar

cdegroat82
Level 1
Level 1

I have an interesting issue, where I have a customer whose receiving the connection plar on their caller ID, instead of the actual caller number. This is a series of POTS lines out of a voice switch over T1 transport to a Cisco 3845 (Running Version 12.4(13r)T15), which then sends it out over HFC network to a Cisco 2432 (Running Version 12.4(13r)T7).  I have verified the configs match other customers who are known to be working.  Are there any specific commands to debug the calls and see what is being received/sent on the 3845 as well as the 2432?  I have verified the Caller ID is being sent/correct via testing the facility T feeding the 3845 with a test set.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are rommon version, not IOS versions.

You can start taking 'debug vpm signal" to see if router receives caller-id to start with.

This was actually ran yesterday.  What we found is our 5e switch, the caller id shows in the 3845, however, this particular customer is off a VOIP switch, that has a TDM gateway on it.  Im wondering if there is some sort of incompatibility.  We know they are both sending the caller ID, just wont isnt being recognized by the 3845.

You need to check as mentioned above.

Andre Santos
Level 1
Level 1

What are using MGCP or H323

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

cdegroat82
Level 1
Level 1

After further troubleshooting, I found the switch was sending the caller ID late (between 1st and 2nd ring, vs during the first ring as our other switch does).  I increased the ring activate to 2 rings and it resovled the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: