Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with dhcp snooping database

Werner Siewert
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I want to create the dhcp snooping database using the tftp Server from our running LMS4.1 Installation. LMS is installed on Windows 2008 Server and the first problem is how to get the Windows URL c:\program files (x86)\CSCOpx\tftpboot\dhcp_snooping_database in IOS.

The ip dhcp snooping database tftp: command does not accept blanks and ( ) ...

Next problem may be acces control, do I need to configure special permissions to access the LMS4.1 tftp server???

Any help will be highly appreciated

Werner

2 Replies 2

Ton V Engelen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

you ll have to configure the tftp server to have its path settings correct

We use a linux server and created /var/tftpboot and configured the tftp server with this path

Then i configure the switch to write its dhcp snooping db to the linux server

Config line on the switch looks like this:

ip dhcp snooping database tftp://10.1.134.42/switch1.txt where switch1.txt is the db file

Then allow the file to be overwritten on the server for both the tftp server and the file itsself

So most work will be on the tftp server but it works like a charm.

I have another example for windows:

I have a tftp server and i configure it to use the upload and download directory C:\backup

So the tftp server knows what its root directory is.

In a switch i only have to point to the ip address of the tftp server (like (tftp 10.1.1.10/backup.txt ) and a filename and the file will succesfully arrive in the download directory.

Thanks for the reply!

however, to overcome the blanks and ( ) in my Windows Path my configurations now looks like:

ip dhcp snooping database tftp://ip-addr/c:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/tftpboot/switch1.txt

and as you already said it works like a charm :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: