cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cpam Multiple doors for singer reader/gateway

jeremy wilmes
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible in Cpam to assign multiple doors to one reader/gateway.

Here is the situation. The customer would like to set up one reader to activate outputs depending on which card is swiped, for instance if the swipe card 1 then output 1 will activate. Card 2 then output 2 would activate.

I have thought about creating a custom gateway template and assigning the outputs from an output module to that gateway. Then creating multiple doors on that gateway and setting access policies for each output. The problem comes in though that I can only assign 1 reader per door. Does Cpam have the ability to be able to assign 1 reader to multiple doors? Or is there a way to use the global IO's to accomplish this task?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I could think of is to:

1. Setup a single door, lets call this door "Lockers."  Setup an access policy for all people with access to a locker, to grant them access to the door.  However, the template for this door will only have a reader on it.

2. Next setup outputs under the "Hardware" page, for each of the lockers that you woud like to use.  Each locker needs their own output.

3. Global I/O you can set up a rule, like this; If Grant Access to door "Lockers" AND Badge# "X", timed unlock or toggle "X" locker output. 

Does this make any sense?  Global I/O rules take about 3-5 seconds, and the gateway requires a connection to the server to complete its task.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AdamCarlisle
Level 1
Level 1

Jeremy, is this for elevator control by any chance? Anyway I would be very interested in any responses you get as I have a similar issue and would love to beat this!

Regards,

Adam

Actually a customer has mutliple cabinets in a room that are accessed by different employees, Kind of like lockers. That they want to put strikes on and the open using one reader. 

Thans for the reply Jeremy. What is your solution for the lockers as I could definitely use it.

derrickmunro
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I could think of is to:

1. Setup a single door, lets call this door "Lockers."  Setup an access policy for all people with access to a locker, to grant them access to the door.  However, the template for this door will only have a reader on it.

2. Next setup outputs under the "Hardware" page, for each of the lockers that you woud like to use.  Each locker needs their own output.

3. Global I/O you can set up a rule, like this; If Grant Access to door "Lockers" AND Badge# "X", timed unlock or toggle "X" locker output. 

Does this make any sense?  Global I/O rules take about 3-5 seconds, and the gateway requires a connection to the server to complete its task.

I like that Idea Derrick.

I think that I would set up the Global IO to trigger the Generic output on Grant Access to a certain Profile though instead of a Badge #. That way I could add multiple badges to that profile if needed. Instead of having to create a Global IO for every badge.

I am playing around with it right now.

The fact that it is a Global IO and is server dependant is not an issue with my customer as it will only be granting access to cabinets, not doors. So there are no Life Safety issues to worry about, and the cabinets are not housing anything that is critical. 

Thank You.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: