cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa50x and spa525 font policy

datak2011
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to change the font on the phone's button/menu ?

Before i join my phones to the uc540, the font was ok but now it's small and compressed.

thanks                  

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using US locale?

If yes, de-configure it leaving the default, then factory-reset phones.

you mean the phone language and phone region ?

i used US English and Canadian French and the font is the same, too small and too compressed

if not where I can see what you're talking about ?

When using non English/US language, the font is changed to accommodate special characters.

I'm afraid there is not alternative to that.

i'm currently using US and it's all compressed, here's a picture, is this normal ?

i'm taken a pic of a spa504 connected to an asterisk server also

connected to asterisk server:

connected to uc500 :

take a look at letter o and e, on the uc500 they are thinner

help!

Hi Tommy,

There is not a great deal you can do about it, unless they were to release a firmware that allowed you to alter the sizes of the fonts you are going to be stuck with what you have.

However what you are seeing is a typical scenario, for instance SPA phones connected to an Asterisk system will have a SIP based firmware on it, and the fonts on this firmware are vastly different to that of the Skinny SCCP firmware that the SPA series phone has when plugged into a UC, the reason for this I would imaging be related to the functionality of the softkeys that are used to carry out functions, Asterisk will not utilize all that the UC does and thus they need to make sure that there is sufficient room on the screen to cater for everything.

You can try and petition on here for them to make the phones more flexible, however don't pin your hopes on it as I would imaging there are other items on the agenda that carry more weight and priority for future releases, even though I personally consider this as an important request as well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: