cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfiguring Stackwise 3750?

m-abooali
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, there were three 3750s in a stackwise configuration but later it was decided to remove sw #1 from the stack and make it a standlone sw. I was trying to reconfigure the new combination and tried renumbering the switches and also changed the priority but the switch #1 in a stack if 2 now, shows three switches still!?

how can I make sure that new configuration is done clean and the master switche only shows two switches with switch number 1 being master i.e. with "*"?

Please advise,

Masood

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

conf t

no switch 2 provision

no switch 3 provision

end

wr

Thanks.

I did no switch 1 provision when they had remove/recabled the first one so I had to configure the seocnd to be the first one.

then, I used the same command to add the second one.

is there a way to remove stackwise config altogther and just add what is needed?

Thx,

Masood

I did no switch 1 provision  when they had remove/recabled the first one so I had to configure the seocnd to be the first one

You want the second switch to be the first what?  First switch or the master switch?

is there a way to remove stackwise config altogther and just add what is needed?

You want to remove the config of the existing switch stack or just the one you've pulled out?  If it's the one you've pulled out, just ERASE the config and reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: