SSL VPN on a Cisco ASA 5505

Unanswered Question
May 3rd, 2012

I am attempting to configure an ASA 5505 with SSL VPN.  The users request is from anywhere, be able to web into the Cisco ASA. Https:// At that point, we will require them to authenticate through Active Directory via ACS 5.2.  The Cisco ASA 5505 is a 50 user ASA.  We have also purchased the mobile license as well as a 10 user premium license.  That was a bear in itself.

My questions are:

1.  How do I configure the SSL setup to use a 3rd party certificate, such as a Comodo certificate?

2.  How do I determine which version of AnyConnect I should use for this?  We will support windows, macs, linux and smart phones as well as Tablets.

3. if you do a show version, you get all the capabilites of the ASA of which some are disabled or deactivated.  Does someone have a chart that will show us, what needs to be purchased to activated each line entry on the ASA?  Is there an all encompassing PAK?

Thank you all for your help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Mohammad Alhyari Tue, 05/08/2012 - 15:47

Mate ,

for your first question :

a very useful doc:)

2- for anyconnect :

there is 2.5 and the 3.0 ( the new secure mobility client ):

release notes for the 2.5 client :

for the 3.0:

the release notes contains a very useful information on the OS that we support .

3- you need to check feature you need to enable and then check the part number that you need to order , as far as i know there is no such chart .

hope that those will be useful:

Cisco Secure Remote Access: VPN Licensing Overview

This Discussion

Related Content