Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM-10 upgrade

Hello

I've got a customer who has 2 ASA's running each populated with AIP-SSM's. The IPS have 6.1(1) E3 software and I would like to upgrade them to the latest.

I'm searching through the download sections and have read the minimum requirements for 7.0(7) E4 but cannot find the file to download for AIP-SSM.

NOTE: The IPS-AIM-K9-7.0-7-E4.pkg upgrade file can only be used to
upgrade AIM-IPS sensors. The IPS-NME-K9-7.0-7-E4.pkg upgrade file can
only be used to upgrade NME-IPS sensors. For all other supported sensors,
use the IPS-K9-7.0-7-E4.pkg upgrade file.

Every upgrade image I look at for E4 only has IPS-K9-version and the description says all supported platforms except AIM-IPS and NME-IPS. Can someone help me locate the correct upgrade image?

This is where I'm currently looking:

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) System Upgrades-7.0(2)E4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alla Bulavina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please use IPS-K9-7.0-7-E4.pkg for your AIP-SSM's. This version is supported on all IPS platforms except two modules for cisco ISR routers : AIM-IPS and NME-IPS.

Thanks,

Alla

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alla Bulavina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please use IPS-K9-7.0-7-E4.pkg for your AIP-SSM's. This version is supported on all IPS platforms except two modules for cisco ISR routers : AIM-IPS and NME-IPS.

Thanks,

Alla

Hello guys,

I'm in the same boat, got to update some AIP-SSM modules that are in versions 6.0 and 6.0.2. However looking at the Cisco download website I can see some options and came up the following doubt:

I have this options for download, do I only need the system upgrade? after that isn´t necessary to install system software or recovery software ?

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Recovery Software

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Signature Updates

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) System Software

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) System Upgrades

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=280432811&flowid=29561

hi out there - if you want to upgrade you will probably need to do it in severals steps - the readme file shows from which version the current can be upgraded from as a minimum requirements..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card