MCU codian performance

Unanswered Question
May 3rd, 2012
User Badges:

Hi all,

as we knew that MCU is server hardware like others, but especially for Cisco MCU  Codian, maybe litle different.

anyone know what are factors which influence MCU performance (beside network factors) ?

because sometimes MCU get some problems like :

1. slow response (as example we too slow to open webconsole )

2. cause packetloss in each connection (per ports), but conference still can running.

3.  and in some cases make mcu get down (hang)

i try to assume that all of it because networks, then i try to make some environment :

1. peer-to-peer connection LAN only between my laptop and MCU

2. LAN use Switch Gigabit and connected only my laptop and MCU

3. also i don't forget to try change ethernet setting in MCU adapted with environment

4. also i make sure there is no packetloss within networks if i use point-to-point between 2 endpoints

BUT after i try all of it, mcu still problem like that

maybe this is hardware issue, but i want to know more, because in my company this problems occured in many cases in customers (more than 4 cases).

also i make sure that the environment (like datacenter, power, temperature is going alright too, but who knows ??).

please help.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Garvan Long Thu, 05/10/2012 - 22:35
User Badges:

What Model of Codian is it? 42XX, 45XX, 85xx

Do you have many permanet confernces configued on it? DO you have any logging/tracing left enabled that could be adding CPU load unintentionally ?

I would also take a sniffer trace of the MCU switch port to see if you are getting unicast flodding, broadcast stroms etc

ahmed Sun, 05/13/2012 - 19:24
User Badges:

Hi Garvan,

our MCU were 42xx and 45xx, also we have 85xx but seems still normal for now

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content