Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU codian performance

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

as we knew that MCU is server hardware like others, but especially for Cisco MCU  Codian, maybe litle different.

anyone know what are factors which influence MCU performance (beside network factors) ?

because sometimes MCU get some problems like :

1. slow response (as example we too slow to open webconsole )

2. cause packetloss in each connection (per ports), but conference still can running.

3.  and in some cases make mcu get down (hang)

i try to assume that all of it because networks, then i try to make some environment :

1. peer-to-peer connection LAN only between my laptop and MCU

2. LAN use Switch Gigabit and connected only my laptop and MCU

3. also i don't forget to try change ethernet setting in MCU adapted with environment

4. also i make sure there is no packetloss within networks if i use point-to-point between 2 endpoints

BUT after i try all of it, mcu still problem like that

maybe this is hardware issue, but i want to know more, because in my company this problems occured in many cases in customers (more than 4 cases).

also i make sure that the environment (like datacenter, power, temperature is going alright too, but who knows ??).

please help.

2 Replies 2

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

What Model of Codian is it? 42XX, 45XX, 85xx

Do you have many permanet confernces configued on it? DO you have any logging/tracing left enabled that could be adding CPU load unintentionally ?

I would also take a sniffer trace of the MCU switch port to see if you are getting unicast flodding, broadcast stroms etc

Hi Garvan,

our MCU were 42xx and 45xx, also we have 85xx but seems still normal for now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: