No recieve video or audio on new jabber accounts

Answered Question
May 3rd, 2012

Hi

I created a jabber account when it was first released and this work fine, one of my customer created a jabber account yesterday adn they do not recieve vidoe or audio when the call a MXP on public IP.

I decided to create a new test account today and my new account has the same problem, I have called the same MXP and also a EX90 with the saem result. I sign out and sing in with my original jabber account and all works fine.

Has anyone else seen this. Has something changed in the provisioning for new accounts ?

Thanks in Advance

Garvan

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Correct Answer by cbylund about 1 year 11 months ago

Re-login from recently created accounts that were not working properly should solve the problem.

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rdubuc Mon, 05/07/2012 - 08:13

Same issue here to tried 4 new accounts and the only one that works is my original.

rzeigham Mon, 05/07/2012 - 13:08

Same here.  However, two of my teammates in San Jose got new accounts and can talk to each other but I can't talk to them.

A colleague of mine with a Movi account couldn't reach me either.

jhirdler Thu, 03/13/2014 - 14:25

Everyone,

An issue has been identified where accounts created after mid- February have 2-way audio video problems.  New accounts may be able to call eachother, but they will not be able to make video calls outside the @jabber.com domain.  A solution is being worked on to remedy this situation.  There is currently no ETA for a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jason

jhirdler Fri, 03/14/2014 - 15:41

Hi Everyone, I am proud to announce that Engineering has resolved the backend issue and all calls should now be working. I have verified this by making and receiving calls using a new @jabber.com account calling another domain.

Regards,

Jason

Ivica.Marko_2 Mon, 03/24/2014 - 18:32

Hi Jason,

Jabber Video seems to be working intermittently, I have tested with an old and new Jabber account and I’m experiencing the same results. Every two to four attempts it connects successfully. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

jhirdler Thu, 03/27/2014 - 11:18

Hi Marko,

I use my account often and have not experienced this.  No one else has reported this so far.  If you feel this is an issue, please open a new discussion.

Thanks.

jhirdler Fri, 03/14/2014 - 15:40

Hi Everyone, I am proud to announce that Engineering has resolved the backend issue and all calls should now be working. I have verified this by making and receiving calls using a new @jabber.com account calling another domain. Regards,

marko.laurits Thu, 05/10/2012 - 01:56

Hello,

I can confirm this problem.

We have created tens of new accounts. Most of them work well. But approximately 1/2 of recently created accounts can't send nor receive video.

When CJVT calls to a device with public IP then for working accounts we can see that the audio-video streams are sent from this device to another public IP-address, probably to a media proxy. But when the  problematic account calls to the same IP then the device tries to send audio-video streams directly to the private IP-address of the CJVT.

So, for some reason, calls from new accounts are not forwarded through a media proxy.

The situation can be verified from the same PC. I can sign in to CJVT with different accounts - it works with some accounts and it does not work with others. Thus the problem is not in the PC or network settings.

Marko

curtishu19 Thu, 05/10/2012 - 21:46

We are having the same issue, it looks like quite a few people have the same issue but no one can help.

garvan_73 Thu, 05/10/2012 - 22:43

This is where the jabber website directs us for support. A few of my customers have given up on Free Jabber due to this issue.

brianmoo Fri, 05/11/2012 - 08:21

I have also signed up for a new Jabber account and I have the same issues when trying to establish a video call with both Jabber and EX90s.  FYI I am using the OSX 4.4 version.

My screen shows no video and then no audio.

When I check the information screen It shows I am sending data but not receiving anything.  I have checked my Internet router and can see that I am sending data @ ~ 1.5mbs but I am not receiving a data stream from the party I am trying to call.

I have gone as far as putting my Macbook on a DMZ for testing on the public Internet to ensure there were no firewall issues with ports being blocked. 

After seeing this thread I am wondering if there is something wrong with how Jabber free is being centrally managed or provisioned.

Can someone who is managing the free Jabber enviroment please look into this issue.

darrenmckinnon Fri, 05/11/2012 - 18:03

I, too, am also having this problem. I've been telling everyone that they should forget about Skype and get on board with Jabber, but the last 2 people think I'm crazy because it won't work. Why isn't someone from Cisco commenting about this?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Correct Answer
cbylund Tue, 05/15/2012 - 11:58

Re-login from recently created accounts that were not working properly should solve the problem.

garvan_73 Tue, 05/15/2012 - 17:17

Thanks Colin

I have tested signing in today with the accounts that did not work previousely and now get two way video and audio

Garvan

elliotkresmer1 Fri, 08/03/2012 - 14:26

I think I might of stumbled across the reason for the problem and the solution. endpoints like the EX90 often have the default calling meathod set for H.323 and not SIP. when they call something that is SIP only jabber on the laptop or the ipad it will switch the call to SIP but it is not instintanious. I think jabber sends a signal after it connects that it is SIP only but I don't think that it always works for the jabber.com client. I have found that if you force the call to call as SIP (changing the default call method to SIP) it will connect with audio and video. You can then save the endpoint as a favorite, put the default call method back to H.323, and every time you call using the favorite on the endpoint it will connect as SIP.

nigelngs1 Wed, 02/26/2014 - 23:02

Hi,

We're having the same kind of issue. 3 new user accounts are able to send audio and video, but they're not able receive. Firewall settings have been checked, but the issue persists. Tested on multiple computers. Any thoughts?

marko.laurits Fri, 02/28/2014 - 09:32

My current experience shows that Free Jabber does not work at all right now.

Most of times when I try to call somewhere, I receive Call Denied error message.

And when the call to MCU is set up then Jabber shows "No incoming video" and disconnects soon.

axapresence.con... Thu, 02/27/2014 - 04:14

Similar issue has been noticed with us too, we have created two Jabber accounts & starngely they are not able to receive Video & Audio on their devices irrespective of PC or IPad, however with the same devices logging in with old account works perfectly.

Not sure if the Cisco Hosted Jabber server (TMS) is going through any maintenance activity or in un-noticed error state.

Team Cisco, Please update if you have any information.

jhirdler Thu, 02/27/2014 - 08:56

Hi Niko and AXA,

When you are unable to receive audio/video, but the other end confirms they are able to hear and see from you; the issue is either remote upload bandwidth (not likely since this works with an old account?) or your local firewall is dropping the packets.  The return traffic is via ICE/Turn service via UDP that might be getting dropped.

These are things to look into.  There is no maintenance for this service occurring creating an issue for users.

If the firewalls are good, then the issue could be on the remote user's network side.

Regards,

Jason

nigelngs1 Thu, 02/27/2014 - 23:09

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply!

We have 3 new accounts and 1 old account. We have tested connections in a corporate network and 2 private networks (with simple private routers) with domain computers and private computers, and in all cases the new accounts can't receive audio or video. In one scenario, we were able to test a new account on a computer that the old account worked on, but the issue persisted. Because of this, I find it hard to see this as a network issue.

fappl0123 Fri, 02/28/2014 - 06:48

Hi Niko,

I am having this same problem.  I have a Guest account that works but anyone that makes a new Guest account gets the No incoming video.  What is strange on my end, is if I have the New Guest Account call my MCU to make a bridge call they get no incoming video screen.  If they call my Codec directly I can see and hear them fine but they can not see or hear me.  It really seems like I have hit a license or amount issue after so many Jabber Guest accounts were allowed to call my system.  This doesn't have the feel of a software or hardware issue because all I have to do is give them my older Jabber Guest account and they can make the video call and everything works fine.

marko.laurits Mon, 03/03/2014 - 07:25

Hi Brian,

Just to inform that my experience is different from yours.

When I make video calls with my personal @jabber.com account then couple of times it works nice. And then maybe 10 times it does not connect or connects without receiving audio/video. The problems started last week as well.

When I use the same Jabber client software at the same location, sign out from free Jabber service, log in to VCS (classical Movi solution) and try to call to same places, then everything works as expected.

I signed out of the from VCS, logged in to the free Jabber, tried to call to same addresses - same as before - most calls are unsuccessful, some few attempts are successful.

Marko

daniel.bustos Mon, 03/03/2014 - 07:43

Hi Marko,

The same issues as described below, from 1 week roughly when you try to call using Jabber account to MCU, you can connect without audio and without video. The MCU shows this messages

"Failed to send TemporalSpatialTradeOff Indication (830e0002)

BR

Daniel

Hi Brian,

Just to inform that my experience is different from yours.

When I make video calls with my personal @jabber.com account then couple of times it works nice. And then maybe 10 times it does not connect or connects without receiving audio/video. The problems started last week as well.

When I use the same Jabber client software at the same location, sign out from free Jabber service, log in to VCS (classical Movi solution) and try to call to same places, then everything works as expected.

I signed out of the from VCS, logged in to the free Jabber, tried to call to same addresses - same as before - most calls are unsuccessful, some few attempts are successful.

Marko

Message was edited by: Daniel Bustos

daniel.bustos Thu, 02/27/2014 - 04:16

Similar issues with all Jabber accounts,  cannot call to MCU passing by VCS, no video and audio.

When call using enterprise account all work fine:

brian.owens@jji... Sat, 03/01/2014 - 09:43

TAC will not support this product -  so maybe somebody at Cisco still cares enough to turn the switch back on.  This problem began early this week, and it's the 2nd incident to occur over the past several months -  with number 1 being the signed certificate requirement that coincided with the release of Jabber 9.6.

The basic facts about this issue.

1.  If you create a new @jabber.com video account, then sign into Jabber Video for Telepresence, you will send Audio/Video, but not receive Audio/Video.

2.  If you have an existing @jabber.com account - you can sign in on the same device that failed in Step 1, and place a successful video call.

Based on this simple test, you can only conclude the following:

1.  This is not a client side OS/HW issue.

2.  This is not a client side Jabber Video for Telepresence issue.

3.  This is not an issue with with the Private or Corporate network.

4.  This is not an issue with VCS-E/Telepresence/MCU or other corporate infrastructure.

Additionally,

1.  This is a Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence service issue that Cisco TAC will not support.

2.  This is a service that most you, and myself included, leverage against existing UC infrastructure for potential clients, customers, and other business related conferencing needs.

3.  Most of us go through a great deal of effort to steer external end users away from products such as "Skype", "ClearSea" and other competitive options in favor of Jabber Video for Telepresence.

Moving forward:

1.  After a busy week of failed Video Conferences, and the embarrassment of PROVIDING MY PERSONAL @JABBER.COM CREDENTIALS to outside colleagues (Remember thats how it works now) - I can only begin exploring alternative solutions.

Anyone wonder why this is happening and no support exists?

1.  "Jabber Guest",  it's due to release very soon.

2.  This is not a free product.

My advice to Cisco:

1.  If you put your name on it, support it.

2.  Somebody needs to remind your Sales team that you do not support Cisco Jabber for Telepresence, and that as a customer, "You're on your own" when the service fails.

Sorry for the rant...

BO

jhirdler Sat, 03/01/2014 - 12:02

Hi Brian,

I am a bit at a loss.  You mention Cisco Jabber 9.6, which is a Webex product.  This software is not compatible with the @jabber.com service for loggin in.  You can only use the Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence software version 4.6 for Windows or 4.7 if you have MAC OS 10.9. 

There is a certificate requirement for B2B calling, which requires a cert from the following site.  Not sure if this is the cause for the no audio/video calls, but if your issue started when you changed the cert for the adoption of Cisco Jabber 9.6 that would be the first place to check.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23938

Hope some of these help.  If not, sip debugs need to be analyzed from the Cisco Jabber for Telepresence software.  I have attached two files to help with gathering those from a PC and a MAC.  You can send the log output via a private message to me.

Regards,

Jason

Ivica.Marko_2 Tue, 03/04/2014 - 21:15

Hi Jason,

We are having the same issue. I tested from an iPad with jabber video app Version 9.3.5 (21666), over a public internet connection. It works fine with my account which was created some time ago. When I test with the customer account or a new jabber video account on the same iPad the account cannot receive any audio or video. It is certainly an account issue.

Ivica

brian.owens@jji... Wed, 03/05/2014 - 06:34

Hi Jason - I don't really see the point in investing any more time into troubleshooting this issue.  The simple fact is that newly created accounts dont work, older accounts do work.  It's that simple, and until somebody at Cisco is willing to acknowledge this I'm done with the service.

derrickyoung Tue, 03/04/2014 - 09:12

Same identical problem as everyone else is reporting this month.  I would challenge that it started earlier than March 1 though as my initial attempts were Feb 26, 2014

Changed logs.ini to refelct

[SIP]

Level=DEBUG

logged out and back in again  SIP file still 0kb

Message in Audit.log file is many of these at different ports

2014-03-04 12:09:59,234 Signaling

Sending REGISTER for derrickyoung@jabber.com to proxy.global.jabber.com using transport auto

2014-03-04 12:10:01,190 ICE

TURN allocation FAILED for conn 26782, server: 109.205.14.14:3478

2014-03-04 12:10:01,440 ICE

TURN allocation FAILED for conn 116080, to 37.252.209.4:3478

clairelin Sun, 03/02/2014 - 21:31

Dear Jason

I have the same issue too. My original account is fine, my customer's account cannot receive any video or audio. I use my ipad and NB to login her account, I see the same problem. It's apparent that it's not about her NB or iPad version, its about the account. Pls let me know if Cisco have any limitation or qulification for applying for Jabber video account?

Claire

fappl0123 Mon, 03/03/2014 - 07:14

Still having problems with the Jabber Guest today.  Does anyone else use something besides Jabber Guest to call into their Cisco Codecs?  Skype or Lync?

Randy Watson Wed, 03/05/2014 - 06:02

We have this problem too, is there a 100% reliable answer because we can connect to some clients and not others, the Telepresence System, SW ver. of Jabber Video are the same on the test machines and the same VCS Express is being used in both cases.

Can't seem to find any logical explanation for this.

We realize this is a BETA solution but when is Cisco going to make a concrete statement on this potentially very useful environment??

jhirdler Wed, 03/05/2014 - 08:30

Hi Everyone,

I did some testing of my own and I can replicate this issue.  I created a new account today and saw the no audio/video issue.  This is completely different from the original issue reported.  However, now that I can gather the data myself I will gather the logging and escalate this issue.

I will provide updates as they are provided.

Regards,

Jason

jhirdler Fri, 03/07/2014 - 10:15

Hi Keith,

I will provide an ETA as soon as the Engineering Team working on this can provide one.  They are still working on this, but cannot tell me when the issue will be resolved.  When an ETA is available I will provide it.

Regards,

Jason

A.Androul Tue, 04/01/2014 - 08:50

I created today a new jabber account and i am still facing the same problem.

My systems setup is Jabber 4.8 (build 4.8.5.18088) on MAC OS X 10.9.2

Any change to have a solution from TAC / Cisco ?

Thanks

jhirdler Tue, 04/01/2014 - 13:42

Hi A.Androul,

I created a new jabber account today and did not see any issues.  Were you calling another user on the @jabber.com domain or a user at a different SIP domain?

What happens if you try calling l2_6-port.bridge@webex.com?  Do you see a "welcome to webex telepresence company bridge" onscreen logo or a black screen?

If you see the logo then that means there is something else, like a firewall issue blocking your connection.

Please post your findings.

Jason

A.Androul Wed, 04/02/2014 - 03:13

Hi jhirdel,

When i am calling l2_6-port.bridge@webex.com i receive the "welcome to webex telepresence company bridge".

But when i am calling an old @jabber user (setup Mac OS X Mountain Lion & Jabber 4.6)  this user receive the message : No incoming video and not receiving audio

Thanks

jhirdler Wed, 04/02/2014 - 08:32

Hi A.Androul,

Can the other user call the bridge address I referenced or anyone else besides trying to call you?  Is this the only user you have tested calling?  Are you on the same network as this user, and has the other user successfully received calls from others?

The fact that you receive the welcome message when calling the bridge means you are successfully connecting to a remote video address.

It's possible there is a firewall issue going on, but more testing will need to be done.  You may also need to send me logs from both of these MACS.  I have attached instructions on how to collect SIP debug logs.  Please collect them and send them to me via private message so I can analyze them.

Keep in mind SIP ALG should be disabled on gateway routers.  AV scanners enabled on firewalls are also not friendly to this service since the RTP packets are exchanged over UDP, which get dropped in this scenario.

Firewall settings to be aware of are found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/94466/i-am-network-administrator-my-company-what-port-ranges-are-you-provisioning-cisco

Please let me know what you find.

Regards,

Jason

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Stats:
Replies:42 Avg. Rating:5
Views:7164 Votes:1
Shares:0

Related Content