Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM fails

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Sorry if i am posting at wrong forum.. as i didnt found the right one for SDM issue and this is realted to my router.

i have 1841 router with advEnt IOS installed and SDM filesin place.. but when i try to connect my SDM on lan it takes ages... and when it connects after few mins it fives an error at disconnects... my java is ok ... it happens on all machines... on WAN it not possible to take SDM console.. any idea .. please advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The error you've got might be a corrupted SDM file. Try downloading and re-install SDM (use version 2.5). I would suggest using CCP which is the newer and more current router GUI.

Just make a quick Google search on the Java version I've suggested. It's not that hard to find it. Make sure you've removed the current one first and install the old version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

have you tried installing SDM locally on a PC and connecting to your 1841? what error do you get and what java version are you using?

i used an older version (see below) because the newer ones can't open the "Additional Task" menu.

Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_11-b03)

yes i am also not able to open additional task .. and sdm is installed on my machie but i browse through web ... what you suggest should i download this java and try agian .. but how i make sure that this java should be used ...?  .. m not able to find the download link for the same also ..

attached files are error which i get with sdm and my current flash files list

just give it a try. the java version suggested earlier works flawlessly for me.

please check my updated reply version above .. and do you know form where i can download that version .. i am not able to find .. thansk for the help

Hi,

The error you've got might be a corrupted SDM file. Try downloading and re-install SDM (use version 2.5). I would suggest using CCP which is the newer and more current router GUI.

Just make a quick Google search on the Java version I've suggested. It's not that hard to find it. Make sure you've removed the current one first and install the old version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card