cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frequent High CPU load in Cisco 7609 Routers.

taapas1kapoor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

we have a pair of 7609 routers working in Active Standby mode.

The version of routers are :-

Cisco IOS Software, c7600rsp72043_rp Software (c7600rsp72043_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRD4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Quiet frequently we are getting High CPU load problems on our router and this load comes down below 10 % automatically.

I am attaching the Show tech support for your kind consideration.

Similar issue was reported yesterday as well for which i have attached SH tech suppot.

Do let me know if anything else is required.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Brs,

TK

2 Replies 2

jwbensley
Level 1
Level 1

Can you look at the "show processes cpu sorted" and "show processes memory sorted" commands during the periods of high utilisation to see what processes maybe using the sources? Do you see an weird traffic patterns during these periods, like a DoS attempt?

When you say "quite frequently" do you mean every day, or more often than that? Is there a pattern like a certain time of day?

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

frequently means once in 10 to 15 days.

NO there is no set pattern in which this is happening.

Like on 19th it happened in low traffic hours that is in day time and yesterday it happened in Busy hour i.e 19:25 hrs.

As of now the roulter CPU utilization is less than 10% so i will take the command o/p once we face this problem again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card