Java exception on "cache document" post to CRM from UCCX

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2012

We recently implemented a CRM which supports a method of 'call pop', where information is POST'ed from our UCCX application to an inbound point. It works perfectly. The problem we're seeing is that if that inbound point is unavailable, our application throws an exception. Normally this doesn't matter, because the race condition that is triggered between the exception and the call being connected to an agent is almost always connected.

However we may use other purposes for passing data, and that could cause our script to fail. Is there a way to elegantly handle this exception, or avoid it entirely?

The error message reads: "Task: 38000352451 I/O exception from caching document; nested exception is: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: (redacted, our CRM's inbound URL)"

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Thanks!

Capture.PNG

UCCX 8.5.1 : 8.5.1.11002-22

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Gergely Szabo Sat, 05/05/2012 - 12:26

Hi,

you can perhaps try the On Exception step - select er... (no much information on exceptions in the docs) so just try to choose the ones containing the term Document. Good luck with that.

Or, you may just use Java to craft a HTTP post, including an own exception handling mechanism, like this:

try {

/* HTTP POST commands here */

} catch (Exception e) {

/* oops, an exception, do something about it */

}

G.

Anthony Holloway Sat, 05/05/2012 - 13:26

I like your idea to use the try block in the Java block.  Saves on scripting steps!

Gergely Szabo wrote:

...you can perhaps try the On Exception step - select er... (no much information on exceptions in the docs) so just try to choose the ones containing the term Document. Good luck with that.

Actually this is easier than you might think.  Just pull the MIVR logs after an exception occurs and it tells you the exception thrown in the log file.

Additionally, if you didn't want to do that, you could just be lazy and use "WFExcutionException" which catches all exceptions in the Work Flow.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:521 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard