Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference(H323) Disconnects often when passes through ASA

All,

We are having the ASA Firewall which is inspection the default global policy,

When we are running the Video Conference, the call suddenly disconnects and needs to be reinitiated and it goes for another MAX 10 Minutes,

simultaniouslu I can able to view the connection entries in ASA and disconnection. I didnt found any disconnection from the location where my video traffic is not passing through the firewall.

I am suspecting the Inspection Policies defined in the firewall, can anyone please help me

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Nick Lichatz
Level 1
Level 1

I would not suspect your asa. Usually the call would not connect or fail to negotiate codecs if its a firewall issue. I would first check the network speed and duplex of both the video codec and the switch port the codecs connected to. Also check the port errors on the switch, basily you need to verify every port from end to end. In the codec menus you can monitor the diagnostics of the connected call and this will give you loss and jitter statistics which can point you in the right direction.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks For Reply, nick

will do the necessary bandwidth allocation check for the Video call

we are using Polycom 7000 Model in dedicated 100 Mbps Link environment and in this issue, herewith attached some of my observations

1. If the firewall is not there then there is no any disconnectionn in call
  2. in one of the earlier case, we have disabled this in juniper environment and the VC Starts working

right now we are inspecting the H323 traffic in the ASA,

suggestions are appericated

Thanks Once again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: