Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 - IPS & firewall rules

abudef000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with RVS4000 fw 1.3.3.5. When you switch the status of IPS function (turn on or turn off), firewall rules don´t work from that moment until you restart the router! Does anyone have the same experience? Solution?

Many thanks!

2 Replies 2

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Abudef000,

It is recommended that anytime you make changes to the Firewall, security settings, ACL, IP information etc that you also reboot the router. In some instances making these changes will reboot the router automatically. However there are other instances where after changing these settings they will begin to function without a reboot but it is recommended that you do reboot.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

blwright,

this solution represents something really uncomfortable, actually even though it's certainly easier than to fix a bug in the firmware. As you know, IPS reduces download speed drastically. Sometimes you need to download some huge file (ISO image e.g.) and temporarily disable IPS is very useful. I cannot imagine that I rebooted the router twice within a few minutes in a Small Office production environment...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: