cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

double authentication pain: asa webVPN access and browse networks

srlguy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring an asa device for web access: SSL VPN service. I can have a user authenticate for web session with their active directory domain credentials (username and password). Once their web session has started, moving to the "browse networks" feature for a share viewing requires them to authenticate once again - "authenitcation required". I'd like to configure the device so that authenticating to the windows file share will be attempted using the previously entered credentials.

How might I accomplish this if it is this possible?

This is an ASA5510 with sw 8.4(3).

thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

Start here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/vpn_clientless_ssl.html#wp2281498

Auto signon or single signon is the typical phrasing.

M.

Thank you Marcin. That was helpful. I did have a friend named google but getting the terms matching the documents you seek is easier once you've found it once.  I find it takes some time to assemble the collection that applies to any given situation.

thanks

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: