cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one guest network 2 controllers

pbogaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible that 2 wireless controllers use the same guest network. We have the following situation 2 floors of a building big separation, there is an existing controller that is used with 16 SSIDs, on the other floor there is also a controller , there is a L2-connection between the floors, there are other SSID's needed on both floors, but the guest should be shared and the customer use 2100 controllers. I would believe that this is possible when you created the users on both controllers, can this work ? Or do we need to create different guest wlan ? It is impossible that both networks each other see over the wireless separation of 15 floors 

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can have the WLC's share the same guest subnet, you need to have a dynamic interface on both WLC's that is on the guest subnet. If the wlc is doing dhcp, then you need to split the dhcp scope. If you have a dhcp server, then all you have to do is configure the primary dhcp on the guest interface to point to that dhcp server.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

One other thing is that, do you have mobility setup between the two WLC's? You would need this if a guest user associates to an ap on the other wlc due to RF bleed between floors. I would not try to create another SSID, because you already have too many. I try to keep the SSIDs down around 4. The more, the more RF noise.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: