cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility remote destination number of rings

edwardrgiuliani
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to change the amount of rings it takes for a cell phone to begin to ring when setting up Cisco Mobility? Currently it takes about 2 rings before our cell phones rings with mobility enabled. I was wondering if there was any way to change this to about 1 ring.

I'm on Call Manager 8

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already played with these settings??

Answer Too Soon Timer

Delay Before Ringing Timer

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In addition to Java's response: Be aware that many cell phones have a delay before they start ringing which is beyond the control of CUCM. You can pin this down by watching your gateway/trunk to mark the time between when the SETUP/INVITE is sent and when the phone actually rings. Even if you set the Delay Before Ringing Timer to zero (0), you may still experience a ring or two worth of delay. Your only way to combat this is to raise the Call Forward No Answer timer on the DN and the Answer Too Late Timer.

yes. I haven't noticed a difference. It's still taking at least 3 rings before the cell phones ring. I wasn't sure if this was standard or not or if this can be controlled.

Take a good look a your Route Patterns and try to specify them, if there is an exact match it should ring after a single ring om the deskphone.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: