cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6.3 timestamp problem

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer has a new Unity Connection 8.6.3 cluster.  One site is in Los Angeles, and the other in Phoenix.  The publisher (in Los Angeles) is set to use LA Time.  The subscriber, located in Phoenix (which incidentally doesn't observe DST, but is not available as an option), is set to Denver. 

All the users are in PST.  The timestamps of all the messages are showing up one hour ahead.

Both servers using the same NTP and are synced.  Both systems set to their timezones.

Each user is set to the Los Angeles time on the first page of the user account. 

Messages retrieved are all coming up one hour ahead.

I'm scratching my head on this one.  Any ideas? 

TIA

Cliff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There was a defect for this which I belive still applies. The install guide specifies to intall the Sub in the same timezone as the Pub.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There was a defect for this which I belive still applies. The install guide specifies to intall the Sub in the same timezone as the Pub.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cliff,

I'm going with our friend Chris here (+5 "C" )

Caution In a cluster, the subscriber server must be configured to use the same time zone as the

publisher server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/installation/guide/8xcucig020.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Thanks guys.  I wasn't aware of this particular little issue. 

I spoke with TAC about it.  I'm kind of puzzled as I'd think messages would be stored with UTC date time stamps, and then read out based on the setting of the individual user.  TAC indicated that their was a documentation defect bug about this, but there are currently no plans to change the behavior. 

I appreciate all the assistance guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: