Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv220W does not auto-update dyndns

aghiondea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to have the RV220W router auto-update the dyndns registration.

The dynamic domain that I use is .info -- note the .info domain.

When I manually update the dyndns information (username and password) the registration does go through and the entry is updated on the dyndns site.

However, the registration does not auto-update after that.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Alex

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

doug_counsil
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this is a known issue.  You might perform a search.  At any rate, I'd call Tech Support and open a ticket.  The more information you have to offer, the better chance they have to reproduce the issue so it can get resolved.  It also seems as though the bugs that are bugging (pun intended) folks the most get the most attention. 

Jason L
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem on the RV220W with a .org domain from DynDNS, using the latest firmware, 1.0.3.5.  It will update manually, and on a reboot of the router, but does not update automatically.  I've tried several setting or the update persiod, and it did not make a difference.  Is there any word on a fix for this?

The DDNS auto-update issue has been fixed with firmware 1.0.4.15, which is still under testing.

Firmware 1.0.4.17 has been released, but the release notes do not show any fixes for this issue.  Was it not resolved?

It is probably an omission. The fixes in 1.0.4.15 are carried over to 1.0.4.17 by default.

Based upon another user's experience, the UPnP *fix* seems to have been lost in 1.0.4.17 as well. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: