Views
Helpful
Replies

AA Unattended reception message during Business Hours

Paul Kazzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

During Business Hours- Have a floating extension with CFA to an AA with "no option transfer to"a blast group of 3 phones (includes reception).

Floating extension can be toggled to NS ( from reception phone and this works fine) to another AA which plays closed message.

I would like to have a separate greeting played for Unattended Reception during normal business hours.

Cannot seem to find an elegant way to do this with existing scripts.

Having a separate Closed Hours "no option transfer to" number in the AA would be great but not available in AASBSCver4 script...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for encouraging my scripts work but there is no need to write anything to do that.

Just dedicate a DN to control, and place it on some phone. Then use CFA to decide the destination everytime a change is needed.

You can even use the user-level GUI to set CFA remotely.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use a script like mine "universal AA" that does everything with configuration only.

ai.solutions
Level 1
Level 1

There is a elegant much better way to do this. You can do it with a single voicemail box, either a DN mailbox or a GDM.

Did you know that for each mailbox you can have different greetings based on the situation/time of day etc:

Standard - This greeting is normally the one that is configured when you do CUE enrollment (if Closed greeting below is activated, this will be used when the DN is not answered and the time of day is inside business hours)

Holidays - This greeting can be activated, and will be played automatically if the day matches a system configured holiday

Busy - This greeting can be activated, and if the DN is busy this greeting will be played.

Closed - This greeting can be activated, and if the time of day is outside of the configured "business hours" this will be played.

Internal - If this greeting is activated, internal extensions reaching the mailbox will hear this greeting.

It is much easier to access this info via VoiceView Express.Under "My Options" > "Greetings"

I have just finished a deployment where the call flow goes like this:

ReceptionDN (CFNA/Busy) > Huntgroup > GDM

The GDM has been configured with the Standard, Holiday and Closed greetings.

The GDM is also used as the night bell destination, so when a caller calls after hours, they get the "Closed" greeting.

As you can see, this all works quite well and its a single mailbox so its simpler to manage and for the customers to use.

hi there,

yes annoucement mailboxes are a handy tool but I would like reception to be able to force the "reception currently unavailable" greeting to be played when they decide to go on half an hour break for example. Also, users should not be able to leave a message.

Still cannot find an easy way to do this on the UC540 ...

It is very easy, you can use announcement-only mailbox, a CUE AA script, a tcl/ivr script... HLog softkey  in ephone-hunt, there is a variety of methods avaialbe to those that are familiar with the system.

All due respect Tomas, please give me a specific example and not give me a feature rundown. 

Reciprocating the due respect, have you considered searching and reading documentation for the features above mentioned ?

could you achieve it using a single BACD group for reception (so HLog to toggle for temporary breaks), and assigning different voicemail prompts on the GDM if the receptionist is logged out or if office closed? Or am i over-complicating it or misunderstanding requirement?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

There are 3 receptionists but main reception DN 200 should control whether Q in or out of service. Using hlog will log out that Dn 200 but B-ACD continues to hunt to the other phones. we want to overrride that and when DN 200 wants to go on break, with minimal effort to her, be able to route all new incoming calls to a "recception unattended please try again later" type prompt

Seems to me each operator should have HLog and and when everybody is on break just have all them logged out.

any reason Paolo's suggestion won't work? person at DN 200 simply tells people at 201, 202 (etc) to hlog out when appropriate.

I guess it's possible to write something - or perhaps ask 'someone' at ciscoscripts - that logs out an entire group: you could maybe have a phone-reachable app call something like rancid's clogin to effectively execute the hlog by taking people out of the group when DN 200 user accesses. Lot of site-specific config to do though. Much easier to just handle it as a people-process rather than a system process?

Thank you for encouraging my scripts work but there is no need to write anything to do that.

Just dedicate a DN to control, and place it on some phone. Then use CFA to decide the destination everytime a change is needed.

You can even use the user-level GUI to set CFA remotely.

HI gents,

This has been the easiest way as Paolo has mentioned to implement this ie to have a "Control" DN that CFAs to the Unattended announcement-mailbox. They were used to going into NS with an alternate greeting with the original system we just replaced with the UC540  so i was trying to maintain that process but this has been the closest way to mimic this process. Thanks.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: