CME- Query regarding setting the LPCOR policies for local and remote IP phones

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2012

Hi team,

As per the rules of Telecom regulatory authority of India (TRAI), we cannot bridge VoIP and PSTN calls. So, if an IP phone is locally registered to the CME, it should be able to accept both VoIP and PSTN calls. However, if an IP phone is registered to CME over WAN, it should be able to receive/make only local calls. PSTN calls should not be allowed. Could you please let me know if the CME manager express can do this automatically for local and remote phones? If not, how we can configure LPCOR such that phones registered locally will get one LPCOR incoming/outgoing policy and phones registered remotely over WAN will get a different LPCOR incoming/outgoing policy? The phones will actually auto register. So, can we configure such that CME will distinguish local and remote phones and apply appropriate LPCOR policies automatically (may be based on IP addresses?).

Please let me know if there is any other way for achieving this.

Also, there is a command lpcor type local/remote/mobile in ephone configuration. Could you please let me know the exact meaning for this command and if I can use them for my requirement in any way?

Regards,

Swati

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Stats:
Replies:0 Avg. Rating:
Views:313 Votes:0