cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to create a timer for Wireless access on any Cisco Wireless devices?

firestormnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I've got a general question and I'm not sure if it's possible to implement that on any Cisco Wireless Devices, so I need an advise from experts.

All I need is create one wireless account with timer for 1 hour, so SSID as guest without any password and once you connected it works only for 1 hour then disconnects and you can't connect again. Then create second account where you can browse timelessly but you need a password to connect there.

1. Is it possible to do that using one or two SSID, or password changes?

2. Is it possible to do that on Wireless controller WLC2100 series, or AP1000, AP1100 series, or AP500 series?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Regards,

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you can with a 2106 wlc using webauth feature. You can create a guest user that has access for X amount of time and the you can creat a local net user that never times out. The webauth would use a portal page in which the user would have to enter credentials. That credential they enter would define their access. Now for APs, the ones you have listed are old.  If you don't need 802.11n then I would look at the LAP1131, if you need 802.11n, then look at the LAP1142.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott.

Thanks for your answer.

As you suggested WLCs models like 2106 and 2112 can do that. What if guest account times out and disconnects, is it possible to reconnect again or it won't allow to do that (MAC filtering?) or the user needs a new credentials?

As I suppose standalone Access Points don't have that feature, as I was thinking to use AP541N model but couldn't find some feature like that.

Regards,

I've just found out that WLC2106, 2112, 2125 are End-of-sale and end-of-life dates.

So the new models WLC2500 series are capable to do webauth, right?

Thanks.

Yes they are.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

All controllers (5508, 2504, WISM2, 7500) can do webauth. If a guest account times out (expires) and disconnects the user will need to get a new credential issued to them to log back in. If the guest device simply goes to sleep they can log back on if the guest account has not expired yet with the same credentials.

I've just found out that WLC2106, 2112, 2125 are End-of-sale and end-of-life dates.

Try Cisco Refurbish.

Thanks for all your replies.

I let customer know that WLC can do that.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card